Congo pro rack directly to bumper

blakeg

Hey all,

There are a few threads about roof racks already, but I didn't see one answering this question.

I have a 2018 JKUR with a KMS Congo Pro and it's not sitting exactly even with the mounts. Since I'm planning to replace the stock bumpers anyway, I'm curious if anyone has seen the rack bolted directly to an aftermarket full width bumper, or if that's even recommended?

I really hate how I can stick a whole hand through one side of the jeep/rack and not through the other.

I'm not planning on going past a 2" lift and 35s on this thing since it's going to be more for camping and light crawling, also being my DD for the 38mile trek to work 3 days a week.

Thank you in advance!
Blake

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Did you mount the rack? There were spacers for both sides of the frame mounts. I never seen one mounted to a steel full width rear bumper, but I believe that would work also according to the directions.

Attachments

• 15248054285371723764434.jpg
    15248054285371723764434.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 61

BaddestCross

Hey all,

There are a few threads about roof racks already, but I didn't see one answering this question.

I have a 2018 JKUR with a KMS Congo Pro and it's not sitting exactly even with the mounts. Since I'm planning to replace the stock bumpers anyway, I'm curious if anyone has seen the rack bolted directly to an aftermarket full width bumper, or if that's even recommended?

I really hate how I can stick a whole hand through one side of the jeep/rack and not through the other.

I'm not planning on going past a 2" lift and 35s on this thing since it's going to be more for camping and light crawling, also being my DD for the 38mile trek to work 3 days a week.

Thank you in advance!
Blake
I've got mine mounted to my Atlas bumper. You can see it if you zoom in on the photo...
20180421_144225.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

blakeg

I suppose bumper options are what I'm looking for. Apparently no one wants full width these days because of monster tires. ;)

I forgot the instructions had info for mounting to a bumper, thanks for reminding me!

I'd really love to know if the hard rock bumper would take having a rack bolted to it, but I'm doubtful.

Top Bottom