Tire carrier fits two gallon rotopax packs, is 4 gallons really worth it?

jorgelrod

Hooked
The tire carrier I just installed has two rotopax mounts in it. I'm considering eventually getting the rotopax but i'm unsure on whether to get water or gasoline packs, after all, how much of a difference can 4 gallons make?

fiend

Caught the Bug
The tire carrier I just installed has two rotopax mounts in it. I'm considering eventually getting the rotopax but i'm unsure on whether to get water or gasoline packs, after all, how much of a difference can 4 gallons make?

About 50 miles difference.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My or fab carrier has 2 3 gallon rotopax cans on it. They came in handy when I traveled out west and I always fill one up for when I go wheeling to have just in case. They stay empty otherwise. I like having them

I use mine on road trips to national parks and camping/off-roading trips. Usually saves me the 4.50 a gallon you pay in the middle of nowhere and the worries of finding a gas station after hitting the trails!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I carry 2 Jerry cans when out , have used them while out on a longer trip to avoid making side run for fuel ( Mojave road ,k-trail ,death valley ) and came in handy when out an came across that guy who forgot to fuel up before hand an ran out

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

According to your Avatar, you already have the snorkel. All you will need for your extended travels now is a roof rack...oh and the rotapax. There is a great thread on here somewhere all about setting up your rig for overland travel. Check it out! :yup:

jorgelrod

Hooked
According to your Avatar, you already have the snorkel. All you will need for your extended travels now is a roof rack...oh and the rotapax. There is a great thread on here somewhere all about setting up your rig for overland travel. Check it out! :yup:

Sounds like you're baiting me into that oh so famous thread...
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Brute

Hooked
Nobody gets more use from their rotopax's than me...since I only have 150 mile range, I use them constantly on road trips...especially out west where gas stations can be far apart after getting off the trail

Top Bottom