will this rotary tool cut JK fenders

naysjp

Caught the Bug
This rotary tool was given to me. I am not sure it is strong enough to cut JK fenders. it's 120V and sometimes it is called a dremel but not sure if that is by mistake. Maybe if I put a better disc on it? Picture is below.

IMG_2208.jpg

Looks like a budget Dremel but I am sure it will work! I used two reinforced cutting wheels to cut all four of mine. A Sawzall will be very useful to cut through the supports. They are a much denser plastic.

This rotary tool was given to me. I am not sure it is strong enough to cut JK fenders. it's 120V and sometimes it is called a dremel but not sure if that is by mistake. Maybe if I put a better disc on it? Picture is below.

View attachment 300442

jesse3638

Hooked
I started with my pneumatic cut off wheel but it was too slow and I don't like molten plastic flinging everywhere. I've never used the plastic cutting wheel shown above but I hear they work well. I used my sawzall on mine and a jigsaw on a second set. I found the jigsaw with a metal cutting blade to work the best. The tool you have shown should work just fine maybe a bit slow.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I started with my pneumatic cut off wheel but it was too slow and I don't like molten plastic flinging everywhere. I've never used the plastic cutting wheel shown above but I hear they work well. I used my sawzall on mine and a jigsaw on a second set. I found the jigsaw with a metal cutting blade to work the best. The tool you have shown should work just fine maybe a bit slow.

I too think the jigsaw works best. I’ve used all three so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

I cut my fenders with a dremel.. it took forever and I don’t know about you but I’m not the biggest fan of hot melted plastic on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom