smittybilt xrc

14JK-U

so I received a free smittybilt xrc gen 1 bumper and tire carrier when I helped a buddy install a new poison spyder set. got the smittybilt installed on mine to replace the stock plastic bumper that I caved in on a rock and to get my spare off my tail gate. I wasn't there when he took off the smittybilt but on mine the carrier leans back slightly, it doesn't sit straight up. I know I can't expect much out of smittybilt especially a free one but has anyone had good luck with these things? is the lean just inherent in a crappy built product and I have to live with it until I get the cash to upgrade? I messed with the two tension bolts holding the carrier on but all it did was make it hard or easy to open, no change in the angle

Tree Frog

Did it lean back on his?
I would try to loosen all the mounting bolts and have some one push in at the top of the tire while you tighten the bolts.
A litte bit here, can be a long ways up there.

Photos would help.

14JK-U

Did it lean back on his?
I would try to loosen all the mounting bolts and have some one push in at the top of the tire while you tighten the bolts.
A litte bit here, can be a long ways up there.

Photos would help.

I asked when we got it installed and he said he didn't notice a lean on his, but he also said he didn't expect much out of it so never paid attention

Top Bottom