Mopar 2" lift

TonyP

Hi guys, I need some help to make a decision.
A friend of mine is installing a higher lift on his 2012 JKU rubicon and has asked me if I want his 2" Mopar kit that he is removing to install in my 2011 JK Rubicon.
I have asked the guys on Morris 4x4 if it would work, but they say a 2012 model is different to a 2011 model.

Do you guys have any thoughts on whether the kit wouldd work on my 2011 JK, considering it is off a 2012 JKU?

J

JKDream

Hi guys, I need some help to make a decision.
A friend of mine is installing a higher lift on his 2012 JKU rubicon and has asked me if I want his 2" Mopar kit that he is removing to install in my 2011 JK Rubicon.
I have asked the guys on Morris 4x4 if it would work, but they say a 2012 model is different to a 2011 model.

Do you guys have any thoughts on whether the kit wouldd work on my 2011 JK, considering it is off a 2012 JKU?

It's not. You might gain a bit more lift than he did if you're using new springs instead of spacers because you have a two door.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
There may be some model year differences (like interior), but the suspension is identical as far as I know. I put newer model (2015?) JKUR suspension on my 2009 JK for a while and it was fine.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’d call Morris and ask why, specifically, it won’t fit. At that lift height I can’t imagine what the issue would be because the exhaust crossover and driveshaft shouldn’t come into play.

jeffd

the rear coils and rear shocks are different on the 4 door vs the 2 door not that that will make a huge difference and the 2011 ie 3.8 does not need the driveshaft again not that that will hurt anything. My guess is you will have quite a bit of rake.

TonyP

Apparently it will end up as a 2 1/2 " lift instead of 2". No big deal in my book. A assume the ride will be a bit harder, although the suspension has done 30,000 miles on the JKU.
Here is a pic of the kit,
IMG-20180503-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20180430-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20180430-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom