My deployment was canceled!

Dave_g

Sequestration may not be good for the navy, and the job security is getting scary. But I do get to spend more time with my new wife, and more time and money on my Jeep wheeling and upgrading. My ship is 30 years old and most frigates are starting to cost more to upkeep then they are worth. Makes sense that they navy would halt them first. The Navy can and will retrain, resize and regroup. Downsizing is to be expected as we pull out of the wars.

DanMojo82

The civilian world isn't so bad. I found a job pretty quick and it's a good place to be should you ever decide to get out. I do love my freedom, although now I'm in the Reserves, and while they may be....... testing at times, it keeps me from missing the military too much. Now I just need to get enough vacation time so I can head to MOAB for EJS! :beer:

jelliott076

Very glad you're not going, though I'm certain the sea pay would have been nice. Yep now there's time for the Rubicon.

GasStationGuy

I am planning on running the Rubicon in july sometime. If your thinking the same time frame COUNT ME IN.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave_g

Hell yes, still waiting for official word that we were cancelled, but I would love to draw up some dates and get a plan rolling.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My father got RIF'd (Reduction In Force is what they called it then) after Korea and I saw it coming for me after Vietnam. I reluctantly left after five years, got a civilian job, and built my '49 CJ street rod. I hope you get the chance to call your own shots either way and build your JK. Thanks for your service and all the best!:yup:

jelliott076

;)get the sea pay as long as im attached to the ship, collect it in port too :D

I'm going to be watching this thread for sure. Sounds like GasStationGuy is heading up there in July. I need to get a block of dates so I can request the leave. Anything around the 4th is a no-go.

Dave_g

Hell yeah im still down I am going to drop my leave request now, won't know for a bit if its approved.

GasStationGuy

I have a four day weekend that weekend so I need to know what type of schedule works best. I was thinking about trying to start the trail miday friday then camp and go from there. Hows that sound?

Top Bottom