Evo 3” plush coil swap

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Currently have a TF 2.5” coil lift with Rancho 9000 shocks . Running 33s . Have a full width bumper and want to keep stock fenders.

I have plans to step up to 35s in next few months . If I swapped coils for Evo 3” plush, would that give me enough clearance with the stock fenders ?

My jeep has front and rear bumpers , winch , and aluminum skids .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fouts

I would think so. I was running the 2.5" tereflex lift and 35" KM2's and it seemed fine. Make sure your wheels have about 4.5" backspace.

Marc

jeeeep

Hooked
I ran the 3" plush with 35's no issues for the most part.

when fully loaded for trips, I'd rub the rear flares and stock fender on occasion.

with the Rancho 9000's set to firm in the rear kept the rubbing to a minimum

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone . I currently have adjustable core 4x4 lower control arms, Yeti front track bar.. planning to get braided extended brake lines when I swap the coils . Anything else I need moving from 2.5 to 3? Do I need the front Drive shaft ? Hoping to do this all at once when I move to 35s

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone . I currently have adjustable core 4x4 lower control arms, Yeti front track bar.. planning to get braided extended brake lines when I swap the coils . Anything else I need moving from 2.5 to 3? Do I need the front Drive shaft ? Hoping to do this all at once when I move to 35s

EVO recommends aftermarket front driveshaft for the 3" lift. I went with an Adams front shaft when I installed mine.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
All after market coils yield more lift than advertised. They only coils that give you what they actually advertise are EVO coils. You might end up at the same height.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yes they'll clear just fine. I run 3" plush rides and cleared 315 duratracs (35's) with stock fenders. Now I clear 37's and cut fenders with the same springs.

You'll need a front driveshaft, but you don't have to do it immediately, but it's inevitable. I run the adams 1350 and recommend it. You will have to trim a corner off the sheet metal bracket that holds the transfer case shift lever for clearance. Easy to zip it off with a hacksaw, sawzall, or dremel tool.

JKbrick

All after market coils yield more lift than advertised. They only coils that give you what they actually advertise are EVO coils. You might end up at the same height.

I agree since he has a 4 door, all coils give you more on a 2 door it seems. You would think someone could make a 2” coil for a 2 door that gives you actually 2”

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Use this schematic, these are stock measurements of the front. Measure to see what you have now, and measure again after you swap the coils.
3” coils are plenty for 35s, and EVO coils make the Jeep feel great, I love my plush rides [emoji41]
IMG_6531.JPG

On my Jeep at least, I found i that the rear coils keep the rear end slightly higher that the front. I don’t mind it because when loaded up with gear it levels the Jeep out.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Thanks . One weird thing was that my jeep had a huge lean with the TF coils . I installed 0.5” spacers on front left, front right, and back left and a 2” spacer on back right . Now it sits level . Worried that TF 2.5” Plus spacers will end up being wash compared to evo 3” .

Any advantages other than ride quality on plush ?

zimm

Caught the Bug
With the 3" plush rides, I'm running TF 1/2" spacers on the passenger side and takes out the "JK lean" from the fuel tank. I'm a little taller in the rear, but I tow a lot so I'd rather not raise the front even more.

WhiteMetal

Use this schematic, these are stock measurements of the front. Measure to see what you have now, and measure again after you swap the coils.
3” coils are plenty for 35s, and EVO coils make the Jeep feel great, I love my plush rides [emoji41]
View attachment 300973

On my Jeep at least, I found i that the rear coils keep the rear end slightly higher that the front. I don’t mind it because when loaded up with gear it levels the Jeep out.

Do you have a drawing like this for the rear

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I don’t mind the current ride quality with the TF coils . Was mainly concerned about lift height and hitting fenders at full flex with 35s . Maybe won’t be an issue

Top Bottom