Steering linkages recommendations please

desertbuzz

Hey Jeepers,

I need to replace my stock steering linkages (draglink, tierod and probably control arms)
Need your recommendation on what to buy.

Note: 2012 JKU with 2.5" AEV suspension and 33" tires.

Thanks !

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I would say it depends on how hard you wheel your Jeep to determine how much of a heavy duty links you need. If you are running a cylinder assist,you need a heavy duty tie rod.
Good brands people run are Currie, Fusion 4x4, WFO, Synergy.
Also Core 4x4 makes some stout products, I run their control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'd run a stock drag link, currie tie rod (the $300 one, not the $750 one).

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run fusion 4x4 tie and Drag links. Extremely well made. I bent the shit out of both of my OEM tie rod and drag links. I highly doubt I’ll be able to do it to these.

desertbuzz

I would say it depends on how hard you wheel your Jeep to determine how much of a heavy duty links you need. If you are running a cylinder assist,you need a heavy duty tie rod.
Good brands people run are Currie, Fusion 4x4, WFO, Synergy.
Also Core 4x4 makes some stout products, I run their control arms.

No cylinder assist . Just a good steering stabilizer.
This JK is used as a DD (70% road) and 30% off road. Nothing extreme (no rocks) ... As the desert here is predominantly sand and very big sand dunes. (Hence the mild lift to keep CG low).

Last edited:

fouts

Take a look at the Yeti Smart Steer. Just did my 2012 2dr and really impressed with the quality.

Marc

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
No cylinder assist . Just a good steering stabilizer.
This JK is used as a DD (70% road) and 30% off road. Nothing extreme (no rocks) ... As the desert here is predominantly sand and very big sand dunes. (Hence the mild lift to keep CG low).

I’d stay stock then. Or if they need to be replaced get crown replacements.

jeeeep

Hooked
Take a look at the Yeti Smart Steer. Just did my 2012 2dr and really impressed with the quality.

Marc
speaking from experience, stay away from SmartSteer...way overpriced, replacement parts are overpriced and they do not stand behind their product...I jut replaced it with Currie.

desertbuzz

Thank you all for your feedback
I've heard very mixed reviews about crown steering linkages parts ... Good price / bad durability.

I think I'll go for with Currie ... A good midway upgrade over stock and not too pricey.

What about control arms bushings guys? back in the days of my CJs and YJs I had all around polyurethane suspension bushings.
I was thinking of replacing the OEM bushing with a Poly kit from EnergySuspension. .... Your views.

Top Bottom