Possible pinion leak

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Should I be worried? Found this while under the Jeep today. Nothing on the ground. When I swiped my finger around the pinion there was just a small amount. 20180506_235309.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
Just looks like a little bit of seeping to me. Spray it off with brake clean and keep an eye on it. Make sure your fluid is full. I wouldn't worry about it myself unless it gets worse.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Just looks like a little bit of seeping to me. Spray it off with brake clean and keep an eye on it. Make sure your fluid is full. I wouldn't worry about it myself unless it gets worse.
Thanks WJCO!

I had the same thing after changing fluids after 500 miles after regearing. Wet around the pinion seal, nothing on the ground. Fluid still up to the fill plug after a year. Not sure if that helps, but good luck.

kferrarini

I had the same thing after changing fluids after 500 miles after regearing. Wet around the pinion seal, nothing on the ground. Fluid still up to the fill plug after a year. Not sure if that helps, but good luck.
This is my experience also. For my part I know exactly why my pinion seeps...forgot to add rtv when installing the pinion seal after doing gears...two years later and never needed to add gear oil. Every time i check or change the level is still good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the replys guys. I did have a regear about 8 months ago. I'll keep a watch on it and has eased my mind.

Top Bottom