2.5" AEV kit Springs Question

desertbuzz

Hey guys,

I've been riding on the 2.5" DualSport Suspension - XT on my 2012 JKU for over 65,000 miles with great happiness. The JKU has been wobbly and bouncy lately (even on road) ... I bench tested the shocks against a brand new set from a new kit. They checkout.
Now, I need to determine if the springs have sagged or not.

Anyone know the free standing height of those AEV front & rear springs ?

Thanks

Give AEV tech support a call they should know. I've called them a few times (I have the same kit but on a JK) and always found them helpful.
Their number is on their web site...good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertbuzz

Give AEV tech support a call they should know. I've called them a few times (I have the same kit but on a JK) and always found them helpful.
Their number is on their web site...good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did contact them via their facebook page and vial email ... Both time they responded "We cannot give this type of information..."
I don't understand what's so secretive about the free standing height of their springs ?
It's not like I asked them a question about their proprietary technology. :idontknow:

I did contact them via their facebook page and vial email ... Both time they responded "We cannot give this type of information..."
I don't understand what's so secretive about the free standing height of their springs ?
It's not like I asked them a question about their proprietary technology. :idontknow:
Sometimes old school works....the phone. Text and messages sometimes things get lost in translation.

Agreed it's not super secret. When you call them point the obvious out....when they ship them they are unsprong and full length. How do they hide this....lol

If that fails how about a good vendor, if they are in stock maybe they would break out the tape measure and expose the big AVE secret.

After that let's go after the Caramilk secret.

wjtstudios

Hooked
If it’s bouncy and wobbly, that is more than likely the shocks. I blew up 2 of the Bilstien shocks in 30k on my AEV lift. The shocks dampen the movement of the jeep, not the springs. After 65k, I’m sure the springs have sagged a little, but they are meant to outlast the shocks. If you have the new shocks, I’d put them on and test it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertbuzz

Sometimes old school works....the phone. Text and messages sometimes things get lost in translation.

Agreed it's not super secret. When you call them point the obvious out....when they ship them they are unsprong and full length. How do they hide this....lol

If that fails how about a good vendor, if they are in stock maybe they would break out the tape measure and expose the big AVE secret.

After that let's go after the Caramilk secret.

You made me lough out loud :Lol::Lol: ... But yeah I agree with you ... old school works ....
"After that let's go after the Caramilk secret" .... bahahahahahahahha

Top Bottom