Just installed the Anytone CB

RubiJay

and I've got to say that it's fantastic. I wanted an inexpensive CB radio set up so that I could be able to communicate on the trails and possibly talk to drivers on the freeway, but wouldn't break the bank on a mod that I wouldn't be using all the time. After seeing Eddie's detailed write-up on this awesome little unit, I picked one up and everything else I needed to install a cb for a little over $100.

You have to do a little mod, but it's not a problem. I was able to do it with having no previous soldering experience in about 10 minutes. Because the unit was small, I had some options in where to install the unit. I decided to mount it under and away from view at the bottom of the center console. The unit is so small, I can even still have access to the little net storage underneath there.

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_9019.jpg

I've been able to test it and it works perfectly. I have SWR of about 1.4 on Ch.1 and 1.5 on Ch.40, so decent, and that's only with a 3 foot antenna, which still fits in my garage.

IMG_6928.jpg

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get a CB and don't need all the fancy features of the higher-end ones.

Top Bottom