JK turns off while driving

Pixie Duster

2008 JK Rubicon shuts down while driving; battery is charged and tested, as well as connections.

When it happens, the JW Speakers start strobbing for a while, even without the key. After couple of minutes starts fine and drives with no issues.

Any thoughts of what to look for?

Thanks in advance!

J

JKDream

Do you have a red light flashing on the dash? My spare key does this sometimes, as if the computer doesn't recognize the chip and it'll shut the car down.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pixie Duster

All the dash lights go on when it happens and they stay on until I remove the key. As mentioned the headlights stay on and strobbing until they turn off.

I am sure this is some sort of electrical problem, but I can't seem to find another JK with the same issue.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dillard09

It sounds electrical to me too. I would start with the battery terminals. Make sure they are good and clean and tight. Even if they look and feel good. Pull them off, clean the terminal and post and then put them back nice and snug. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jagerhelix

It sounds electrical to me too. I would start with the battery terminals. Make sure they are good and clean and tight. Even if they look and feel good. Pull them off, clean the terminal and post and then put them back nice and snug. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes! I've had my lights flicker and jeep die when I've thought for sure the terminals we're tight enough. I rotated the negative cable just a bit and tightened the snot out of it and that was it. Hope your issue is that simple! Good luck

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk

loganokeefe72

I'm no expert but sounds like the alternator to me. I've had similar problems with other vehicles where the lights flicker and the dash lights come on and flash too. Try having the alternator checked.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom