JK Headlight question

tonywjk

Greetings . . . .

I have had Truck Lites for my headlights for the past 5-6 years and I think they are a great addition. However this morning I discovered one has stopped working.

The lites are a little old and I was asking for advice, should I stay with them or with newer technology out there should I consider a different brand? I would appreciate any feedback on the different types/brands that are currently out there.

Thanks

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
One of mine started flickering after 2 years. I checked connections few times, each time i checked, I lubed the connections up with dielectric grease, seemed to work for a week or so but started flickering and cutting out completely.
Then I replaced the one anti flickering harness, re lubed the connections. No problems since, have the lights for almost 5 years now.
Try cleaning the connections first, the anti flickering harness connectors aren’t exactly sealed, it gathers mud and debris inside.
Little dielectric grease goes a long way.

If you have the anti flicker harness, try to wiggle it a little and see if that makes the light come on. If it does, it’s most likely the anti flicker thing .

Last edited:

scull20

I had endless problems with flickering/nonworking trucklites. Dielectric grease, swapping sides on the lights, cleaning the connections....nothing worked permanently.

After talking to sheaffadelic, he mentioned he had similar problems and ended up cutting off the green connector and soldering the anti flicker harness directly to the headlight wiring. I ended up doing the same thing and haven’t had a problem since.

zimm

Caught the Bug
My JW speaker low beam went out the other day. Wiggled the connector and it's working again. The next time it craps out I'll clean the contacts and use di-electric grease as previously mentioned.

jorgelrod

Hooked
My JW speaker low beam went out the other day. Wiggled the connector and it's working again. The next time it craps out I'll clean the contacts and use di-electric grease as previously mentioned.

This has happened to me before, It's like the JW connectors are a bit smaller than the OEM. I just secured mine with tie wraps and that was the end of that.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This has happened to me before, It's like the JW connectors are a bit smaller than the OEM. I just secured mine with tie wraps and that was the end of that.

I’ve had Trucklites & JW Speakers. I used dielectric grease, and zip tied the connectors on each brand. It seems connection problems are common.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom