Exhaust and Muffler removal question

MericaMade

I have been searching and finding some answers but can not find a answer to this question. Does anyone sell a direct replacement pipe that would connect to were you disconnect the muffler and run in out the side? Basically I want to remove the stock muffler and extend a straight pipe out the back. Will I need to take the jeep to a local exhaust shop and have them bend something to work?

Gobicon2017

^^^^ what he said. Your gonna want a muffler and resonator. Tried mine without the muffler and just the resonator, brought back memories of the old cherry bomb glasspac’s. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TC1201JK

If you’re looking to keep your exhaust out of harms way, maybe look into the DynoMax ultra flo competition cat-back. Tucks it up and dumps before the axle. If you’re looking for loud as hell, just take the muffler off. I’m not sure what your goal is.

MericaMade

If you’re looking to keep your exhaust out of harms way, maybe look into the DynoMax ultra flo competition cat-back. Tucks it up and dumps before the axle. If you’re looking for loud as hell, just take the muffler off. I’m not sure what your goal is.

I was just looking for a simple way to get rid of the muffler. I looked at a few systems like you suggested above and i will just go that route. Plus, I read the muffler helps back pressure for torque.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
Search for the do it yourself "dynomax quiet crawler" set up here on the forum. Lots of us running it. Bolts together with a part list available on amazon for under $300. Sounds pretty good, no drone, and you can either run the pipe out the back, or skip that over axle pipe and dump before the rear axle.

MericaMade

Search for the do it yourself "dynomax quiet crawler" set up here on the forum. Lots of us running it. Bolts together with a part list available on amazon for under $300. Sounds pretty good, no drone, and you can either run the pipe out the back, or skip that over axle pipe and dump before the rear axle.

Like all said do yourself a huge favor & either do the Dynomax Quiet Crawler or piece it out yourself. Here's a great thread to reference: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43804-My-Dynomax-Quiet-Crawler-Modified-Install

The 3.6 V6's sound like shit without mufflers and you'd want to kill yourself once you get up to highway speeds :icon_crazy:

LOL and thanks for the link. Looks pretty simple.

jesse3638

Hooked
Like all said do yourself a huge favor & either do the Dynomax Quiet Crawler or piece it out yourself. Here's a great thread to reference: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43804-My-Dynomax-Quiet-Crawler-Modified-Install

The 3.6 V6's sound like shit without mufflers and you'd want to kill yourself once you get up to highway speeds :icon_crazy:

Yeah I fired mine up just to see what it sounded like when I installed my lift and it sounded like a ricer to me..haha.

Ddays

Hooked

OP - Make sure your turn down isn't aimed at your ebrake cable! Ask me how I know....:rolleyes2:

Yeah I fired mine up just to see what it sounded like when I installed my lift and it sounded like a ricer to me..haha.

LOL, I drove mine out the driveway & about 100 yards from my house before I turned around! It sounded so retarded I was embarassed :cheesy:

I-Eat-Mud

I'm the odd man out here. I had to chop my exhaust after the resonator due to the stretch. Had intended it to be temporary, but it sounds okay, and I don't think it's horribly loud compared to a lot of trucks around my area. I'll probably just keep it like this since we don't have inspections here.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
OP - Make sure your turn down isn't aimed at your ebrake cable! Ask me how I know....:rolleyes2:

I ran the $9 crinkle bend turn down and it melted the e-brake cable down to the spiral steel layer. Someday I'll replace it. There's no hills around here so I don't use it.

That's why I linked the $40 turndown, it's a tighter radius and keeps the exhaust off the rear axle.

Ddays

Hooked
I ran the $9 crinkle bend turn down and it melted the e-brake cable down to the spiral steel layer. Someday I'll replace it. There's no hills around here so I don't use it.

That's why I linked the $40 turndown, it's a tighter radius and keeps the exhaust off the rear axle.

Yup, I did the same damn thing. I ended up buying a 90* elbow and cuttting my own turndown with a sawzall.

Top Bottom