What to do next.

A.J.

Ok so I need to make a decision. I have approximately $1200 to spend on the Jeep. What would you do? Opinions please!

Sport cage?
Control arms?
Bead locks?

Currently have Rancho drop brackets. 4” plush rides and 37’s on 4.5back with 1.5 spacers. Raised track bars, flipped drag link etc. etc. Jeep drives and works great. Have no problems with how it drives. Recently did prosteers bearings and brakes. What would you do next and why?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
How do you use the Jeep?

Since you already have drop brackets, no need for control arms.

Beadlocks not needed unless you really have to go down to low pressure.

Do you have skids? Recovery gear?

If you have money to burn and Just want some extra comfort, an ARB twin compressor is a nice item. Or the new Strike Force Zebra Air Command which airs up and down all tires at the same time.

A.J.

How do you use the Jeep?

Since you already have drop brackets, no need for control arms.

Beadlocks not needed unless you really have to go down to low pressure.

Do you have skids? Recovery gear?

If you have money to burn and Just want some extra comfort, an ARB twin compressor is a nice item. Or the new Strike Force Zebra Air Command which airs up and down all tires at the same time.

Have small compressor for air lockers and co2 tank for tires and tools. I use a core tool to air down. Warn 8000 winch and straps chains etc.

As far as use. Depends on the weekend. Lol! Daily driven/weekend warrior!

Last edited:

Vinnielax

Looked at your build in your profile. Maybe find a used Rubicon sway bar and get the EVO no limits disconnect. Armor says TBD. If so, get some skids under there. Strike Force Zebra Central Command if you want a great switch box. Lots of options.

jesse3638

Hooked
I see you have drop brackets and yes those work but you could gain some ground clearance back with control arms. EVO front control arms are $420. That leaves some left over and the EVO sport cage (Front portion) is on sale right now fro $850. Puts you a little over budget but that's 2 of your three. Or grab the complete protek skid system for $399 or oil pan and trans for a combined $210. Just some options..haha. I love spending other people's money.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Ok so I need to make a decision. I have approximately $1200 to spend on the Jeep. What would you do? Opinions please!

Sport cage?
Control arms?
Bead locks?

Currently have Rancho drop brackets. 4” plush rides and 37’s on 4.5back with 1.5 spacers. Raised track bars, flipped drag link etc. etc. Jeep drives and works great. Have no problems with how it drives. Recently did prosteers bearings and brakes. What would you do next and why?

I'd do Frame mounted rock rails and Protek Skid... Save the body. $500 and $400... some left over

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-2012-protek-skid-system-manual-trans-jk-jku/

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-2dr-rocksliders-raw-jk-low-angle/

A.J.

I need to update my profile. I have rockers, gears, lockers, and air. Not a big electronics and gadget kind of guy. I do need skids. Great suggestions so far. Thanks! Keep them coming.

A.J.

Ok yep! Built my own security deck. Have lights and CB.

Skid plates are for sure. Looks like EVO protek is a bit more $ for mine 2011 3.8 w/auto trans. Thinking Rockhard oil pan/trans and evap. Pros/cons?

So now it's between EVO sport cage or Front control arms.

My wife vetoed the RH cage due to visibility concerns and I like the EVO better anyway. For control arms I was thinking Synergy fixed length lowers w/adjustable uppers or just do EVO adjustable lowers. I haven't had any problems with the Rancho brackets, but I see the difference in clearance could be nice especially once the exhaust crossmember is removed for the skid plates. I know lots of you run the EVO, any feedback on the Synergy?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ok yep! Built my own security deck. Have lights and CB.

Skid plates are for sure. Looks like EVO protek is a bit more $ for mine 2011 3.8 w/auto trans. Thinking Rockhard oil pan/trans and evap. Pros/cons?

So now it's between EVO sport cage or Front control arms.

My wife vetoed the RH cage due to visibility concerns and I like the EVO better anyway. For control arms I was thinking Synergy fixed length lowers w/adjustable uppers or just do EVO adjustable lowers. I haven't had any problems with the Rancho brackets, but I see the difference in clearance could be nice especially once the exhaust crossmember is removed for the skid plates. I know lots of you run the EVO, any feedback on the Synergy?

Ive had the synergy fixed front LCAs for about 5 years. They have served me well.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I have the Evo skids, they have been fine but I like how the rock hard skids make the tummy smooth.

I have synergy’s front fixed lower control arms and they are serving me well too; been using them for ~2 years.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I forgot to say I also have the rockhard oil pan/transmission plate. It comes with standard fasteners rather than metric, which is annoying but not the end of the world. It provides good coverage and is pretty smooth. I’ve had some rattling with the exhaust, which I could probably fix with some washers if I really cared about it. One thing I like vs evo is that it’s not mounted to the engine.

jesse3638

Hooked
Off topic but caught my attention. For those running synergy fixed length. Are they slightly longer than stock to help return Caster or are the the same length as stock? Just curious, back to the OP's thread.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Off topic but caught my attention. For those running synergy fixed length. Are they slightly longer than stock to help return Caster or are the the same length as stock? Just curious, back to the OP's thread.

Longer for caster correction 3" lift. My thought is since I run 3" bump stops with 4" springs I would use the fixed lowers with adjustable uppers and be able to dial in a little more caster if needed. I run pretty light so my plush rides netted 4.5" lift.

fiend

Caught the Bug

They are 1/4 or 3/8 inches longer than stock. I don’t remember which.

Top Bottom