Axel Housing Swap Question

Jeepin_Nomad

So long story short the axle housing on the front of my JKU Rubicon sheered and I have to replace it. My question is can I swap everything from my current axle housing to a new axle housing easy or am I going to have a professional install the pinion and gear again?

Thanks
Nomad 1

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I believe you can swap your internals into a ProRock44. That is the route I’ll be going when I break my front axle.
You gonna need someone to set up the gears, ring and pinion. Give Exodus Jeeps a call, am sure he can set those up and send it to you.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I believe you can swap your internals into a ProRock44. That is the route I’ll be going when I break my front axle.
You gonna need someone to set up the gears, ring and pinion. Give Exodus Jeeps a call, am sure he can set those up and send it to you.

Yes you can do this swap. I did it on mine. Just make sure you get the correct PR44 housing for the Rubicon. It’s a different Dynatrac part number from the PR44 that takes nonrubicon lockers. And yes, even though everything will swap over, you still will need to set up your gears again, install bearings, etc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you can do this and a Dynatrac ProRock 44 made for Rubicon internals is what I would recommend. If you're unfamiliar with installing gears, you will want a shop to at least do this part for you.

Top Bottom