Rugged ridge/q series.

bl17z90

Got an email from quadratec this morning saying that they are having a sale on this combo but then i realized its a pretty cheap combo to start out. Has anyone ran either of these products and how was your experience?

I am currently trying to figure out which bumper I want to go with when I finally get one I like the stubby bumpers with stingers or winch loops. But I also love how low the winch sits in the AEV bumper, does anyone know of a stubby where the winch has a similar position to the AEV.

Last edited:

DanMojo82

Is it the Rugged Ridge XHD bumper? If it is then I've had no problem with mine, no rust, and it's taken a few harder hits. I can't speak as far as the Q-series winch though.

Atch

Got an email from quadratec this morning saying that they are having a sale on this combo but then i realized its a pretty cheap combo to start out. Has anyone ran either of these products and how was your experience?

I am currently trying to figure out which bumper I want to go with when I finally get one I like the stubby bumpers with stingers or winch loops. But I also love how low the winch sits in the AEV bumper, does anyone know of a stubby where the winch has a similar position to the AEV.

Are you talking about a winch that sits down in the bumper? If so there are quite a few bumpers out there. EVO, lod to name a few.

bl17z90

Are you talking about a winch that sits down in the bumper? If so there are quite a few bumpers out there. EVO, lod to name a few.

I know there are a lot and I love evo parts but i want one that sits even lower if its possible. like I said AEV's is like that but I don't like the AEV front bumper its too "overland" :bleh:

edit: I just looked at pics of the AEV again and noticed that the reason it appears to cover more of the winch is because of how tall the bumper itself is which will restrict airflow so nevermind on that part I am just now curious if anyone has one of those q series winches.

Last edited:

bl17z90

So guys with the XHD which add ons do you use? I like the stubby style it gives you less weight and a better angle of approch but I'm curious how well the stinger is built.

Shinedepotjk

I've had all the add ons for it at one point. I get bored lol. Stinger is my favourite. I think it's pretty tuff but thought about welding it to the top of the bumper for strength instead of the eight little bolts the hold it on. The bumper it self is pretty tuff.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
i dont own one....but was talking to the local 4x4 shop the other day about winches and bumpers and other things. He said the quadratec winches are nice, esp the price, but are slow. He said for the area I wheel in it wouldnt be a problem since I wouldnt need a fast line speed due to not having long pulls. Mainly its a price thing tho. I was thinking about going with the engo brand since they did very well in the torture test that 4x4 mag had.

Top Bottom