Electrical Issue

DogHouse

So I noticed that my radio no longer goes off when I exit my 2007 JKU, however when my wife opens up the passenger door it shuts off like normal. I searched the forum but couldn’t find anything similar. I also noticed the dome light no longer comes on when I open my driver side door but, the door lock and window still function like normal. First thing I did was whip out the FlashPaq and check for codes and located one “U0184-Lost communication with radio”. Did a little searching on google and found it could be the TIPM. My question is has anyone on here had this issue? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Have you recently taken your doors off? May want to check the electrical connection. Otherwise my go to is to check if a fuse might be involved. Good luck.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have this issue pop up occasionally on my 2014. I replaced the radio and added Maestro module to retain my steering wheel controls. Whenever that starts happening, I re-flash the maestro module, download update file and update the radio.
Not sure if that applies to your situation. I would start by checking connections on your door harness.

duktrx

So I noticed that my radio no longer goes off when I exit my 2007 JKU, however when my wife opens up the passenger door it shuts off like normal. I searched the forum but couldn’t find anything similar. I also noticed the dome light no longer comes on when I open my driver side door but, the door lock and window still function like normal. First thing I did was whip out the FlashPaq and check for codes and located one “U0184-Lost communication with radio”. Did a little searching on google and found it could be the TIPM. My question is has anyone on here had this issue? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

I think the code will always be present with aftermarket radio. My 2009 did the same thing, happened when the connector wasn't fully seated after door reinstall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

DogHouse

I think the code will always be present with aftermarket radio. My 2009 did the same thing, happened when the connector wasn't fully seated after door reinstall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok, so the code might be a non-issue then. I just got back home so I plan on diving a little deeper tomorrow with my volt meter to check connections/relays and fuses.

DogHouse

Just to update, I figured out that the problem is a faulty door latch. Got the replacement on order. Easy fix, so long as I don’t break the door panel.

Top Bottom