Tire and wheels

Perio

About to get my jl rubicon four cylinder turbo. Want a good road ride but the look of a larger tire. What are some good tire brands and wheels. Don’t want to lift at this time. Thx

ScoobyCarolanNC

About to get my jl rubicon four cylinder turbo. Want a good road ride but the look of a larger tire. What are some good tire brands and wheels. Don’t want to lift at this time. Thx

Check out nitto terra, exo, or ridge grapplers. Bf Goodrich ko/2s too. A lot of folks seem to love the newer Cooper stt pros too, but I don’t know anyone personally who’s running them. I ran coopers a long time ago and was impressed with the quality so they’re on my upgrade list.

Jsouder53

Hooked
A friend of mine said the cooper stt pros are great on road, very smooth.

I also love my Mickey Thompson atz p3s. They have great on road handling and not noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Go with the Cooper STT Pro’s and don’t look back. I ran them on my truck before I had my JKU and, once it’s time to replace what I have that’s what I’m getting. They work great in literally any condition from rocks, snow, mud, sand, and street. They really are as good as everyone says they are.

I-Eat-Mud

Thx . How about pro comp at

I would avoid procomp tires. I had their mud terrains back in the day on my TJ. Punctured two sidewalls in a year and the road manners were awful for a tire that performed mediocre off-road.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I've had a lot of great miles on Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are a MT, but I've found them to be pretty quite till they wear down. My exhaust is louder than the tires.

DogHouse

Another Cooper tire is the ST MAXX. I’ve ran them for about two years now and absolutely love them. Wanted something more aggressive than the Discoverer AT3 but more tame than the STT PRO’s. Definitely worth a look.

Xaberi

Banned
My 2002 Sahara was fitted with BFG Muds in size 325/60/15, (abot 30/12.8/15 in inches)incl spare, iron man suspension with 2" lift. Only rubbing I got was on axle twisters, when the tyre went under the standard wheel arches. Nothing some xtentions can't fix.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
All the best,Xaberi

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom