I Drive. Anyone Got One???

Nespoli1

Ok guys was at Jeep beach jam Panama City beach. And there was a vendor there promoting I Drive. I need your thoughts if you have one and tested out. Let me know. They are saying it takes the factory 33% throttle response to 70%. My question was why is that all Chrysler gives you. There answer was for you to make the Jeep last outside warranty period. Makes Sense. They would be replacing driveline components. Everyone I spoke to said they can do a burnout basically in their Jeep. Let me know if you have one. Did you break anything. Any issues with you PC after using for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Sounds like the exact opposite of what the tuners for the current Subaru WRX do. The WRX is factory programmed to go 100% throttle with the pedal pushed rapidly 2/3'ds down. They reprogram it so it's linear.

You can adjust/program an electronic accelerator pedal all you want, but it doesn't give you any more power. If you want to go faster, stomp on the pedal more.

Sounds like the exact opposite of what the tuners for the current Subaru WRX do. The WRX is factory programmed to go 100% throttle with the pedal pushed rapidly 2/3'ds down. They reprogram it so it's linear.

You can adjust/program an electronic accelerator pedal all you want, but it doesn't give you any more power. If you want to go faster, stomp on the pedal more.

Won’t give you more power but will give you better response from the pedal. One of the ways you achieve higher fuel efficiency is not letting people smash the throttle, so programming a little lag and making it less jumpy is a good thing in their eyes. As far as driveline components I can see the argument that if you’re constantly hitting them full torque from a stop it could wear prematurely, but if you’re not 17 years old you probably don’t drive like that to make any of this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked

I confess I thought it was snake-oil but ordered the peddle commander (late night purchase lol) and have been using it for 3months.

Surprisingly, it does make for a noticeable and quicker pedal response.

When both settings are at the highest setting I chirped the 37's. But, the pedal was too sensitive and made the Jeep too jumpy - I was worried that I'd rear end a car in front of me. I was also worried about snapping a u-joint with the Coopers being rather large and the pedal being too sensitive.

I've got it set at the 3rd setting and it gives a nice controllable response without the stock lag.

I had it during EJS and found it better to be left off when on the trail but would activate it once off the trail. Got use to having a quick response pretty quick.

I like it on the freeway as well - without it, passing was just an nice thought. Now the pedal response actually gets the Jeep moving instead of just dropping gear, making a lot of rpm and barely moving.

I was very surprised about how well it works. I removed it to see if it was just an initial new mod thing but after a couple of days without it, I put it back in.
The all around change it makes to the pedal/throttle response is nice to have.

Is it worth the price? IMO no.

I'm glad I bought it and the throttle response is much better at all speeds but I still think it's overpriced :twocents:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've been reading up on more user reviews. It is tempting to try. Mostly because I'm at a point where I'm stagnate on mods and looking for something to make my jeep more "fun" for now.

ChiliDawg

what year is yours? I didn't see that option on my flashpaq (red unit) for a 2010

2014, think it's the same. Should have the feature as long as you've got the one that has the full array of tuning options, not the "lite" version that only re-programs odometer.

It's not a "quick setting"... It's one of the options when you select a tune and answer yes to making any modifications to it before uploading it to the Jeep.

^ what he said.

jeeeep

Hooked
2014, think it's the same. Should have the feature as long as you've got the one that has the full array of tuning options, not the "lite" version that only re-programs odometer.

^ what he said.

ok, I'm running the Superchips performance tune and while it helped a bit with throttle response, what the pedal commander does is different.

It makes the pedal to throttle noticeably more responsive. On the long drives, I no longer feel like I need to keep my foot in the pedal to maintain speed...I no longer feel like Fred Flintstone after a 6+ hour drive :thumb:

BTW, I have a 2015 and the pedal to throttle response on it is much quicker than my 2010.

I-Eat-Mud

ok, I'm running the Superchips performance tune and while it helped a bit with throttle response, what the pedal commander does is different.

It makes the pedal to throttle noticeably more responsive. On the long drives, I no longer feel like I need to keep my foot in the pedal to maintain speed...I no longer feel like Fred Flintstone after a 6+ hour drive :thumb:

BTW, I have a 2015 and the pedal to throttle response on it is much quicker than my 2010.

Do you have the traildash 2? Or the flashpaq? On the TD2 There’s a setting for throttle response when you do the tune. I thought it was absolutely noticeable.

ChiliDawg

I can re-program mine drastically. On one end it can be so responsive that it practically jumps with the lightest touch, on the other end when it's set up for crawling it dials it down so low it barely moves until you get the pedal a quarter way down. I have the Flashpaq F5.

Top Bottom