No headlights or wipers.

robertoloco

I have 08 Rubicon.The airbag light went on a month or so ago.This weekend none of the lights work,including turn signals,or the windshield wipers.Could this be because of a bad clockspring?Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

robertoloco

Sounds like the symptoms of a bad clockspring. Look up your VIN on Jeep's owner website and see if you still have an outstanding recall for it.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Yes their is a recall on it.I replaced one myself about 1.5yrs ago.It's just driving me crazy.I checked al fuses,then I realized it might be clockspring related.Trying to get conformation to ease my mind as it will be at least a week before I can take it in.Thanks.

So I took my jeep to dealer today yo have clockspring replaced,but still no headlights,turn signals or wipers.Any Ideas?

Same thing happened to me a while back. Ended up being the stems, which are connected together, that had shorted out. I think it happened after I sprayed armoral on my wheel pillar. I can find the part numbers for you. You’ll have to pull the wheel. Be very careful that the clock spring doesn’t come off or you’ll have to replace it too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same thing happened to me a while back. Ended up being the stems, which are connected together, that had shorted out. I think it happened after I sprayed armoral on my wheel pillar. I can find the part numbers for you. You’ll have to pull the wheel. Be very careful that the clock spring doesn’t come off or you’ll have to replace it too.

68003215AD is the windshield wiper switch.
68041485AD is the combination switch.

Good luck.

robertoloco

I am curious about your reply,and Thank You.The "stems"are actually what part?Are they electrical connections in the steering colume?The wheel pillar you speak of must be the the post where the steering wheel is mounted?

I am curious about your reply,and Thank You.The "stems"are actually what part?Are they electrical connections in the steering colume?The wheel pillar you speak of must be the the post where the steering wheel is mounted?

I’m referring to the switches themselves that function lights and wipers. If you search the part numbers you’ll see what I’m saying. Yes, where the steering wheel is mounted. I was cleaning the plastic all around behind the wheel and I think some must have got in the connection.

Top Bottom