Disconnecting Sway Bar

PurpleHayes519

Just trying to set something straight for myself here. A disconnected sway bar allows more articulation and a smoother ride when off road? But more for safety on road? (Less body roll when cornering) Also, what are some advantages to the Rubi quick disconnect vs a standard sway bar? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can send my way.

Adam

Atch

Just trying to set something straight for myself here. A disconnected sway bar allows more articulation and a smoother ride when off road? But more for safety on road? (Less body roll when cornering) Also, what are some advantages to the Rubi quick disconnect vs a standard sway bar? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can send my way.

Adam

You connect the sway bar on road for safety. You are correct about disconnecting offroad. The Rubi allows for in cab disconnection, you simply hit a button. With the rest you can get quick disconnects which you usually pull a couple of pins without tools. Stock you need a couple of wrenches which will take more time.

Tackerdown

Banned
The Rubi E-disc. is a really nice feature , and when it breaks EVO has a kit to put on it and all you have to do is unscrew a knob to disconnect and screw it back in when your done..

Tackerdown

Banned
if you are stock bring some big wire ties and find a place to strap them to. if you have quick disconnects they come with a bracket to attach them to.

Atch

if you are stock bring some big wire ties and find a place to strap them to. if you have quick disconnects they come with a bracket to attach them to.

Not all brands come with brackets. I use small bungee straps to hold my sway bar in the stock position when disconnected and throw my quick discos in the rear storage compartment.

Tackerdown

Banned
Not all brands come with brackets. I use small bungee straps to hold my sway bar in the stock position when disconnected and throw my quick discos in the rear storage compartment.
:thinking: I didn't know that if you bought a set of quick disconnects they would't come with a bracket to attach them to when disconnected, that just doesn't make sense unless your getting them for replacement I suspect you would already have the bracket huh. You take your quick disconnects off completely?

Teraflex comes with a stud that bolts to the bottoms of the body mount. JKS disconnects can be removed completely and do not come with said stud.

Atch

:thinking: I didn't know that if you bought a set of quick disconnects they would't come with a bracket to attach them to when disconnected, that just doesn't make sense unless your getting them for replacement I suspect you would already have the bracket huh. You take your quick disconnects off completely?

Yeah like paychex said, I have the JKS discos and they disconnect on both ends.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Disconnect out of stock link

Is there any reason I can't make a disconnect out of the stock link?:thinking:

Untitled.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2011 JK sport so i dont have the disconects. have a 2" skyjacker budget boost on now. any good aftermarket ones anyone would recommend?

price-
pros-
cons-

I have a 2011 JK sport so i dont have the disconects. have a 2" skyjacker budget boost on now. any good aftermarket ones anyone would recommend?

price-
pros-
cons-

I would say the JKS and the TeraFlex disconnects - both are good products and have nice features. JKS - can be completely removed & about $150 TeraFlex - come with a stud to store the disconnected end & about $130

Tackerdown

Banned
Is there any reason I can't make a disconnect out of the stock link?:thinking:

View attachment 20212
The only thing I would think of is if you take the nut off and drill a hole in the bolt to accept the pin, that loose connection might wear down the thread easier than if it was a solid shaft like with manufactured quickies. but I'm sure it would work.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
The only thing I would think of is if you take the nut off and drill a hole in the bolt to accept the pin, that loose connection might wear down the thread easier than if it was a solid shaft like with manufactured quickies. but I'm sure it would work.

I was thinking of doing it this way until I get my lift.. Hopefully by July

Tackerdown

Banned
I was thinking of doing it this way until I get my lift.. Hopefully by July
well there is only one way to find out if nobody else on here has seen it. Then if anyone ever has this ? in the future you'll be able to say don't do it bad idea or hell yeah it worked for a couple months for me.

Top Bottom