Differences between 08-11 and 12-18 JKU fuel systems?

Like the question says, what is different. I found a Long Range Aux tank kit locally for the 08-11 JKU and I have a 15 JKU Sport.
Any info on what is different and if the kit for the earlier JKU would even fit, or what I might have to buy to get it to work?

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Between frame and drive shaft on port side and is filled thru the stock fuel filler after the main is filled. It holds about 17 gals. Integrates into stock evap canister after it is relocated. Has a fuel sender and a transfer pump with fuel level gauge and switch with timer for trans pump that is installed in dash.

jesse3638

Hooked
The gas tank is in the same location on all years. I believe the evap canister may be in a slightly different spot though. Does the transfer pump fill the stock tank or is it plumbed into the fuel system? I have a 12 so I can't say for sure. Hopefully someone with experience in both will chime in.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Like the question says, what is different. I found a Long Range Aux tank kit locally for the 08-11 JKU and I have a 15 JKU Sport.
Any info on what is different and if the kit for the earlier JKU would even fit, or what I might have to buy to get it to work?

Thanks for the info.

Steve

If that's the same kit that I saw over a year ago, if I recall... it's not complete and not sure you can still get the parts to complete it.

The kit comes out of Australia but I can't remember what was missing. I do remember the cost of making it work in my 2010 didn't make it the deal I thought it was

If you saw it in the Phoenix area, then most likely it is the same. I have been in contact with the manufacturer and the main diff is the resonator in the 12-18 exhaust. There is now a cutout in the tank to clear it and all else is essentially the same. Waiting on a reply from Aus as to wether parts are still available. For them it is 3:18 A.M. right now.
Hate to remove the resonator and have to deal with some anoying drone from the exhaust and wait and see if parts are available and how much they cost and how much shipping will be from the land down under.

Top Bottom