Stock radio not working

Kevgund

Hello all,

I have a 2014 JK with the stock 130 radio in it. The other day I got caught in a downpour with my top off and the next day the radio stopped working. I checked the fuse in the engine bay and that was fine. All of the lights on it come along with the clock and the Uconnect works fine also. But when I hit the power button nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone? If so what did you do to fix it?

I have not had a chance to pull the dash apart yet to see if there is a in-line fuse, that is planned for this weekend.

Thank You

jesse3638

Hooked
Hello all,

I have a 2014 JK with the stock 130 radio in it. The other day I got caught in a downpour with my top off and the next day the radio stopped working. I checked the fuse in the engine bay and that was fine. All of the lights on it come along with the clock and the Uconnect works fine also. But when I hit the power button nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone? If so what did you do to fix it?

I have not had a chance to pull the dash apart yet to see if there is a in-line fuse, that is planned for this weekend.

Thank You

Maybe trying spraying some electrical contact cleaner under the volume knob and see if that helps dry things out.

I don't know about spraying anything in there to help it "dry out". I may try compressed air just dialed way back as not to blast it with 125psi.

If possible it would be best to take it all apart so it can dry out and not form corrosion. I have a feeling once it is all dried out it'll work just as it used to, especially considering it appears to be working and has power. Park it outside in the sun just be mindful of any more torrential down pours..;)

Top Bottom