Looking for some advice

kep01

I’m in the process of returning home after a trip to Colorado and tonight my slipping light came on and the Jeep is pulling to the left bad. This started after we left the trails and hit the blacktop coming home. It’s a 2012 jku. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I’m in the process of returning home after a trip to Colorado and tonight my slipping light came on and the Jeep is pulling to the left bad. This started after we left the trails and hit the blacktop coming home. It’s a 2012 jku. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you may have bent your tie rod, crushed your steering stabilizer, or slipped a couple threads on your drag link.

Is it actually pulling or is your steering wheel just off-center?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King
Steering is off and pulling hard left. Would that make the slipping light come on as well

Yes. We had a time that it was so windy on the highway that we had the steering wheel turned to fight it for about 10-15 minutes and the light came on. It went away once we were driving straight again.

I'm guessing that you bent your drag link slightly. Just adjust the sleeve until steering is straight again.

kep01

Yes. We had a time that it was so windy on the highway that we had the steering wheel turned to fight it for about 10-15 minutes and the light came on. It went away once we were driving straight again.

I'm guessing that you bent your drag link slightly. Just adjust the sleeve until steering is straight again.

Thanks. I’m in Texas right now headed to Tennessee and I was just worried about driving it that far

zimm

Caught the Bug
Is the steering wheel centered going straight? If not, you adjust it easily. 15mm nuts on adjustment sleeve of the drag link, loosen them up and use a pair of channel locks to rotate the sleeve until the wheel is straight. You can also use a tape measure to check the toe-in. Measure outer tread block to outer tread block on the front of the tires and again on the back of the tires. You should be 1/16" shorter in the front. You might have some toe-out that'll mess up tracking.

You could also swing by a tire shop and get a front end alignment.

kep01

Ok so stopped yesterday at a truck wash and I washed all the mud from the undercarriage and concentrated real hard on all of my steering and brakes and stuff. And then performed a quick toe adjustment. Light is out and we’re almost home to middle Tennessee [emoji106]

Top Bottom