Radio and AC turn off

Krystianjk

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem like the one I'm having now which is when I'm driving and hit the smallest bump ever the radio and AC turn off simultaneously and then the radio turns back on but in order to turn the AC back on I have to turn it off to 0 even though it's off already and then turn it back on so that it can work. And this happens multiple times on the road since no road is smooth with no bumps so basically every time I hit a bump both AC and head unit turn off. Please help.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Boogars

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem like the one I'm having now which is when I'm driving and hit the smallest bump ever the radio and AC turn off simultaneously and then the radio turns back on but in order to turn the AC back on I have to turn it off to 0 even though it's off already and then turn it back on so that it can work. And this happens multiple times on the road since no road is smooth with no bumps so basically every time I hit a bump both AC and head unit turn off. Please help.

My 99 does this as well, something in the ignition switch. Next time try “wiggling” the key up and down to verify it’s in the ignition switch. Best of luck!

Boogars

My apology for my brief reply earlier today, this is my first post/response on this site so I would like to take a moment and clarify my previous reply

I have a 99 TJ with the exact symptom, Jeep runs great and has been a weekend toy for approx. 1 year. Ever since I have owned it the A/C and radio will shut-off periodically when hitting bumps in the road, the airbag light will also illuminate when this happens, I simply “wiggle” the key in the ignition for a moment and everything begins to function as intended once again (has no ill affect in regards to performance or driving ability). I’ve googled the randomly occurring problem and found others have had the same issue and the fix is replacing the ignition switch which makes perfect sense, I have not made the repair yet because it’s low on the priority list, mostly in part to the fact this is not my daily driver (and my fiancées JK upgrades are currently more important)

JK dream posted loose battery cables and that may be a solution as well, in fact I am going to double check mine now!!

Hope this helps, someone please chime in if my diagnosis is incorrect, if so please report the proper fix

Krystianjk

My apology for my brief reply earlier today, this is my first post/response on this site so I would like to take a moment and clarify my previous reply

I have a 99 TJ with the exact symptom, Jeep runs great and has been a weekend toy for approx. 1 year. Ever since I have owned it the A/C and radio will shut-off periodically when hitting bumps in the road, the airbag light will also illuminate when this happens, I simply “wiggle” the key in the ignition for a moment and everything begins to function as intended once again (has no ill affect in regards to performance or driving ability). I’ve googled the randomly occurring problem and found others have had the same issue and the fix is replacing the ignition switch which makes perfect sense, I have not made the repair yet because it’s low on the priority list, mostly in part to the fact this is not my daily driver (and my fiancées JK upgrades are currently more important)

JK dream posted loose battery cables and that may be a solution as well, in fact I am going to double check mine now!!

Hope this helps, someone please chime in if my diagnosis is incorrect, if so please report the proper fix

Welcome to wayalife! And ok I will try this out next time I drive it. Just to clarify the problem happening on a 2014 JKU :)

Elon99

I have a 2013 JKU with the same problem with my AC. It will just cut off for 3-5 seconds then it starts right back up. Fortunately it doesn’t happen with the stereo in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom