Evo Double D

Rusty

Couple of small questions concerning this lift kit. I know it comes from Evo so it's Tested really hard, so here goes my questions

I'm thinking of getting this lift kit for my JK, with the king 2.5 shocks.
I was going to go coil overs but we really don't have the terrain for that so for my wallet I've taken the wise decision to go down a step.

Should I get it?
How does it handle on road, and off road?
Images of flex?

Thank you!
Rusty

#1 - YES!

#2 - I cant imagine it handling any different on the road than my ENFORCER does so from that standpoint I will say GREAT, especially with the 2.5s. Now with the long arm rear control arms I would assume the one would gain a great deal more flex so that is always a good thing!

I am upgrading to the DoubleD kit as soon as I have the chance to financially, which I HOPE is not to far away...

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Should I get it? I highly recommend it. Quality is superb
How does it handle on road, and off road? I have the kit with Bilstein's and it is a very smooth ride both on and off road. I also have the drag link flip which helps with road manners.
Images of flex? let's see..here's a couple

Attachments

• DSC_0380.jpg
    DSC_0380.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 431
  • flex_it.jpg
    flex_it.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 433

JKBANDIT55

I say get it!!! The people that have them love them!

If your going for a lift with lots of flex you can't go wrong with the lease expensive Rock Krawler lifts as well.

But like you mentioned, EVO is a proven company and your sure to get quality with their products! Don't forget to post pics when you install you lift!!!

Rusty

Thanks for the info, I will definitely post pics of the install when it goes on!

:drinks:

jarho00

I live in Texas and one if the local shops offers the BDS lift which have an awesome lifetime warranty on all parts, no matter what. My question is, does anyone run this and how is it. I have a 11 JK 2 Dr Rubicon.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

#2 - I cant imagine it handling any different on the road than my ENFORCER does so from that standpoint I will say GREAT, especially with the 2.5s. Now with the long arm rear control arms I would assume the one would gain a great deal more flex so that is always a good thing!

I have it on my 2013 and love it. Handles and rides better than stock with just the bilstein 5100s. Looking to upgrade to the bolt on coilovers at some point so I went with the least expensive shock option. In regards to the above post, long arms don't give more flex, they correct control arm angle after being lifted to improve the on road manners. Long arms will provide the most benefit while on road, not off road. Love my Double D setup and would buy it again without hesitation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

dkclimber

I think for the same money as the DoubleD with 2.5's you could purchase the Bolt on Coils, Front Adjustable Short Arms, and the Draglink Flip Kit.

Not sure which setup is better for you but they are about the same price. Long arms can go on later

Rusty

Thanks thats exactly what I'm currently looking at because to export the kit to where I live it comes out to about 6000$ for the DD before installation... so.. and about 5,000$ for the coil overs..

More expensive for the coil overs in the long run, but cheaper in the short term... I think I'll probably go this route instead.. i might not need the Go fast part of the coil overs.. but it'll give me a good amount of flex in the rocks.

Last edited:

LittleRed

Bumping this thread for a quick question: are both the 37" and the 35" tire options 4" lifts with different pump stops or is the 35" closer to 3"?

I've looked on the websites and can't find anything that says what the actual height gain is. Personally I'm looking for 3 to 3.5 inches of lift because I'm going to start with 35s then get flat fenders when the urge to get 37s is too strong. Anyone measure theirs and know how much taller you get out of the 35" clearance package?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bumping this thread for a quick question: are both the 37" and the 35" tire options 4" lifts with different pump stops or is the 35" closer to 3"?

I've looked on the websites and can't find anything that says what the actual height gain is. Personally I'm looking for 3 to 3.5 inches of lift because I'm going to start with 35s then get flat fenders when the urge to get 37s is too strong. Anyone measure theirs and know how much taller you get out of the 35" clearance package?

they have a 3" enforcer and a 4" enforcer kit both with 35" or 37" tire packages. im not sure what the difference is in the tire package but i hope i was able to answer at least part of your question.

RockyJk

I believe they are just different bumpstops

LittleRed

Sorry! From what I understand with the enforcer, the 35" tire package is a 3ish" lift. The 37" tire package for the same lift is 4ish".

It sounds like with the DD kit, the 35" tire package is a 4" lift just like the 37" tire package with different bump stops?

Top Bottom