Rear bumpstop question

mattfl

So I just upgraded to the Evo Spec Kings made for 3-5" lift in the rears. Currently running 3" plush rides and 3" bump stops that came with the evo enforcer package I have. Couple of my friends have mentioned I should go up to a 4" bump so I don't bottom out the shock. I'm running 37" stt pros and have no rear bumper or tire carrier on the back. Anyone else running a similar setup think I should pick up a set of 4" bump stops?

Ddays

Hooked
So I just upgraded to the Evo Spec Kings made for 3-5" lift in the rears. Currently running 3" plush rides and 3" bump stops that came with the evo enforcer package I have. Couple of my friends have mentioned I should go up to a 4" bump so I don't bottom out the shock. I'm running 37" stt pros and have no rear bumper or tire carrier on the back. Anyone else running a similar setup think I should pick up a set of 4" bump stops?

Might not be a bad idea. I'm running those as well and was surprised at how short the amount of uptravel there was. Have you cycled your suspension? I found my springs were almost falling out at full crossup. I ended up throwing a set of Currie 4+1 springs in an it solved the problem. They're a 4" lift and the spring is an inch taller so at full extension it won't fall out. I got the rake back but it has settled some.

A.J.

I went through this when I installed the EVO Rockstar shock mounts. Flex test is best, but if you measure the gap from the 3" bump stops to the edge of the cup that holds the factory bump cushion and then measure the shaft length sticking out of the shock you should be able to see if it's close or not. If you have about an inch more shaft length than bump gap you should be ok. I hope that made sense. Lol! Shaft length and gap. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm on 3" evo springs, same king shocks, and 3" bumps without rockstars. I don't bottom the shock out. I just posted this pic in another thread. Those king shocks are actually 1" less travel than the long fox performance 2.0's I replaced (the 4-6" ones). If I had rockstars, I'd run 4" bumps.

View attachment 302996

mattfl

I went through this when I installed the EVO Rockstar shock mounts. Flex test is best, but if you measure the gap from the 3" bump stops to the edge of the cup that holds the factory bump cushion and then measure the shaft length sticking out of the shock you should be able to see if it's close or not. If you have about an inch more shaft length than bump gap you should be ok. I hope that made sense. Lol! Shaft length and gap. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did that measurement and I'm just on the edge, so I went ahead and ordered the 4" evo stops. Better safe than sorry!

Top Bottom