Zone 3”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it safe to assume you're looking at Zone because of how cheap the price of the kit is? Essentially, they are the low end arm of BDS.

VMSHack

So I assume from these you guys would not recommend? And yes the cheaper price was an influence. I would like the evo 3” even the stage one. For now, but at $1700 for lift, it’s a little steep. I’ve had my jeep for 5 years now and finally paid it off, I would like to start doing things but don’t want to break the bank, what would you guys recommend for a lift that will not break the bank, but still quality?. Also any recommendations on an reputable install place around SLC?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I assume from these you guys would not recommend? And yes the cheaper price was an influence. I would like the evo 3” even the stage one. For now, but at $1700 for lift, it’s a little steep. I’ve had my jeep for 5 years now and finally paid it off, I would like to start doing things but don’t want to break the bank, what would you guys recommend for a lift that will not break the bank, but still quality?. Also any recommendations on an reputable install place around SLC?

Honestly, I would give Rancho a look. They make really nice kits right here in the USA and I think you'll find that they're priced affordably.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do not have the tools or time to install one myself (only vehicle never installed one before) any trusting shops here you would go to?

Well that's a shame. Installing a lift is super easy and I have write-ups that would help you along. The cost of tools to do it would be less than paying someone to install it for you and you'd have tools you need after the fact. That being said, what part of Utah do you live in?

Bugtuth

I have had pretty good luck with Terraflex in the past. Kinda depends in what you want to do with it. I had a 2.5 inch and had no issues on the road and it did pretty good beating around in the hills.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

I would go with Rancho as Eddie said. Also, I have tools and would be happy to help with an install. As long as you spend the time and help wrench, and bring whiskey. I'm in the Heber Valley.

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I bought my Jeep with a Zone 3” and have just about to replace all the components. I rocked it for about 4 years but the coils are now sagging and I have 4” plush rides waiting to get installed. For lifts the saying “buy once cry once “ for a quality lift is spot on.

VMSHack

Well that's a shame. Installing a lift is super easy and I have write-ups that would help you along. The cost of tools to do it would be less than paying someone to install it for you and you'd have tools you need after the fact. That being said, what part of Utah do you live in?

West Jordan area....just south of salt lake. I agree that it’s a shame, I am just afraid I would miss something or break something, I am not very patient when it comes to putting things together...fixing things is a whole different story. I have gone back and forth about doing it my self for sometime...think it would be a fun challenge to do something major (in my opinion) I’ve never done before [emoji16]

jesse3638

Hooked
West Jordan area....just south of salt lake. I agree that it’s a shame, I am just afraid I would miss something or break something, I am not very patient when it comes to putting things together...fixing things is a whole different story. I have gone back and forth about doing it my self for sometime...think it would be a fun challenge to do something major (in my opinion) I’ve never done before [emoji16]

They're pretty straight forward. Just go slow and you should be ok. I'd offer to help if I was not in So-Cal

VMSHack

Thanks for all of the input from you guys, I appreciate it. I think I will go with the Rancho, was thinking about the fox shocks to go with it but I see everyone on here saying the Rancho shock handle pretty good as well. Any preferences between the 2?

BaddestCross

Thanks for all of the input from you guys, I appreciate it. I think I will go with the Rancho, was thinking about the fox shocks to go with it but I see everyone on here saying the Rancho shock handle pretty good as well. Any preferences between the 2?

Highly recommend the Rancho 9000XLs. It's really nice to be able to dial in your ride and adjust for road and drive style conditions. 👍

Also note, I think Rancho still has a rebate going...I know the flyer was posted up here someplace, but if you can't find it here, I'm sure it's on their website.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

The Rancho 5000 shocks will be more than sufficient for the type of lift you want. Also, like Eddie said, install the lift yourself. You'll be surprised how easy it is to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

Highly recommend the Rancho 9000XLs. It's really nice to be able to dial in your ride and adjust for road and drive style conditions. 👍

Also note, I think Rancho still has a rebate going...I know the flyer was posted up here someplace, but if you can't find it here, I'm sure it's on their website.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Here is the link James mentioned

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom