2013 Rubicon Swaybar & Locker buttons not working

CJ 6 man

Recently purchase this 2013 Rubi, I've put it in 4H & 4L but the swaybar doesn't disconnect and the lockers don't engage. I was traveling about 5-10 miles in hour when attempting this all.

Idea's..... besides buying a new JL!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Recently purchase this 2013 Rubi, I've put it in 4H & 4L but the swaybar doesn't disconnect and the lockers don't engage. I was traveling about 5-10 miles in hour when attempting this all.

Idea's..... besides buying a new JL!

What is going on on the dash? :idontknow:
Blinking and not working is different than not doing anything at all.. What have you tried so far? What happened when you tried it?

If its not working, either fix it, or as you said, Buy a new JL... :twocents:

Edit: Welcome to Wayalife BTW :standing wave:

Last edited:

CJ 6 man

I've checked fuses and they are good. Nothing is happening with anything on the dash lights. It came with a Superchips Flashcal and it didn't show any error codes. I'm assuming I can pop that little panel on the side of the dash to look at the switches.

Yes I'm a JK Rookie

BaddestCross

I've checked fuses and they are good. Nothing is happening with anything on the dash lights. It came with a Superchips Flashcal and it didn't show any error codes. I'm assuming I can pop that little panel on the side of the dash to look at the switches.

Yes I'm a JK Rookie
So you're saying that when you hit the sway bar disconnect or locker button that the corresponding lights don't start flashing on the dash?

You have to be in 4HI for the sway bar to disconnect and 4LO for the lockers to activate, but the indicator lights will flash at you regardless.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So you're saying that when you hit the sway bar disconnect or locker button that the corresponding lights don't start flashing on the dash?

You have to be in 4HI for the sway bar to disconnect and 4LO for the lockers to activate, but the indicator lights will flash at you regardless.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
This.

4wd (high or low) under 18mph for the swaybar, and 4lo only for the lockers.

But, the corresponding dash lights should blink ANY time the button is pressed... if the dash lights aren't blinking, they are either disabled, or you have a wiring issue specific to the swaybar and locker circuits.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

CJ 6 man

Thanks Gang, None of the lights flash for the Disconnect or Lockers. I did a factory reset with the Flashcal that came with the Jeep. Followed the all the other specific directions. I'll start looking for a wiring issue.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
It does sound like a wiring issue. You should either have solid or blinking lights on your dash when you play with those buttons. If you already checked the fuses I would probably start with looking behind the switches in the dash.

jdofmemi

Don't take this wrong, but are you sure it is really a Rubicon?

I have heard about unscrupulous sellers putting the decals and switches on lower models, then selling at higher prices. It is mostly a problem in foreign countries, and sometimes in auctions.

jesse3638

Hooked
Don't take this wrong, but are you sure it is really a Rubicon?

I have heard about unscrupulous sellers putting the decals and switches on lower models, then selling at higher prices. It is mostly a problem in foreign countries, and sometimes in auctions.
That would be really shitty. Easy way to see is look at the front sway bar.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
It does sound like a wiring issue. You should either have solid or blinking lights on your dash when you play with those buttons. If you already checked the fuses I would probably start with looking behind the switches in the dash.
Normally if there is damage or issues don't the lights start blinking on their own? Similar to the ESC light with a wheel speed sensor.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
2013 Rubicon Swaybar & Locker buttons not working

Normally if there is damage or issues don't the lights start blinking on their own? Similar to the ESC light with a wheel speed sensor.

lol true, I had all kinds of lights come up when my sway bar connector corroded. Having locker lights starting to flash at you at highway speed wasn’t fun to watch.

Top Bottom