4WD High and traction control?

Joe98

All modern cars have traction control. If the road is slippery traction control helps you to keep control of the vehicle. Some vehicles allow you to turn traction control “OFF”

In a Jeep Wrangler, what is the difference between:

-2WD High with traction control “ON”
-4WD High with traction control “OFF”

Thank you

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
It isn't just for slippery roads . It's a dummy control for idiots with overpowered cars an lack of driving skill ..want to understand it better think of the days before it was on em .. slam the gas ya got to fishtailing or a little squirrelly as the saying went ... nowadays with it ya dont get that unless ya turn it off .... personally I dont care for it an tend to turn it off ..

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

All modern cars have traction control. If the road is slippery traction control helps you to keep control of the vehicle. Some vehicles allow you to turn traction control “OFF”

In a Jeep Wrangler, what is the difference between:

-2WD High with traction control “ON”
-4WD High with traction control “OFF”

Thank you

2wd High: only the rear wheels are getting power. If one slips the traction control will apply a brake to stop it and transfer power to the other. If you lock the rear in a rubicon both tires spin at the same speed regardless. If you have a Sahara with the rubicon rear axle it’s a limited slip differential so one tire will slip momentarily then it transfers power to the non slipping wheel.

4wd high: all 4 get power. If you have a sport or Sahara & traction control on it will brake the slipping wheel. If it’s a rubicon & locked both wheels spin @ the same speed regardless. The same rule from above applies to the Sahara with the LSD in the rear.

4lo: traction control is turned off by default.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
2wd High: only the rear wheels are getting power. If one slips the traction control will apply a brake to stop it and transfer power to the other. If you lock the rear in a rubicon both tires spin at the same speed regardless. If you have a Sahara with the rubicon rear axle it’s a limited slip differential so one tire will slip momentarily then it transfers power to the non slipping wheel.

4wd high: all 4 get power. If you have a sport or Sahara & traction control on it will brake the slipping wheel. If it’s a rubicon & locked both wheels spin @ the same speed regardless. The same rule from above applies to the Sahara with the LSD in the rear.

4lo: traction control is turned off by default.

Saharas don't have Rubicon rears.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

Saharas don't have Rubicon rears.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

From my window sticker: “Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle 3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Rear Axle”. When you get the anti-spin diff option you get the rubi’s rear axle, just not as wide. Here’s what the rubi’s sticker says “3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Wide Rear Axle”.

Top Bottom