Tie rod rubbing

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Little confused about this. Just installed what looks like a rpmfab tie rod which requires a minimum backspacing of 4.75. The wheels I have look like procomp 29 series which is exactly 4.75. The passenger seems to be rubbing more than the driver side. 20180612_195501.jpg 20180612_195510.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Little confused about this. Just installed what looks like a rpmfab tie rod which requires a minimum backspacing of 4.75. The wheels I have look like procomp 29 series which is exactly 4.75. The passenger seems to be rubbing more than the driver side. View attachment 303579 View attachment 303580

Looks like offset GM 1 Tom TRE’s same as what I’m running on a Ruffstuff toe rod. I have 3.5 bs on my slabs and don’t have much clearance at all. Don’t think you can get by with 4.75.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ColeHanlon

That’s weird, I installed an RPM Fab tie rod last weekend, with the GM offset one ton ends. I have the Method Standard wheels 17x9, 4.5 backspacing, -12 offset. I have a nice amount of clearance. IMG_1649.jpg IMG_1651.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's not rpmfab. Not sure who made it but doesn't look like it's gonna fit. I really didn't want spacers but if I want to keep it I don't think I can any other way. Thanks for the help guys.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I suppose depending on if you still have a factory tie rod or not. Just got the feeling you didn’t want to run spacers.

I have no experience with them personally just have heard some bad experiences. Not ideal for me I guess but I'd rather do that I suppose that invest in another tie rod.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have no experience with them personally just have heard some bad experiences. Not ideal for me I guess but I'd rather do that I suppose that invest in another tie rod.

Plenty of people run them without issue. I don’t personally like them but to each their own.

A.J.

Maybe just grind the casting mark off plus a little for clearance. It's barely rubbing. You will have to go a little extra for wheel flex, but it looks like the tie rod end is plenty thick enough to grind on a little.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I-Eat-Mud

Maybe just grind the casting mark off plus a little for clearance. It's barely rubbing. You will have to go a little extra for wheel flex, but it looks like the tie rod end is plenty thick enough to grind on a little.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gotta after with AJ here. I’d bust out the grinder before slapping on wheel spacers.

Top Bottom