Stabilizer location

JPExtreme_Missy

I have a question I'm hoping someone has knowledge about, not just opinions. I just replaced my tie rod and drag link with heavy duty ones, so I need to adjust for the new size with a new bracket. I was looking at pictures of mounting brackets online to see which set up would work best for me and I noticed that some rigs had the stabilizer mounted to the tie rod, and some had them mounted to the drag link. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind mounting them to one over the other? Again, please no opinions only, I'm just looking for information.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I have a question I'm hoping someone has knowledge about, not just opinions. I just replaced my tie rod and drag link with heavy duty ones, so I need to adjust for the new size with a new bracket. I was looking at pictures of mounting brackets online to see which set up would work best for me and I noticed that some rigs had the stabilizer mounted to the tie rod, and some had them mounted to the drag link. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind mounting them to one over the other? Again, please no opinions only, I'm just looking for information.

I've never seen a JK with it mounted to the drag link, only the tie rod. The TJs had them on the drag link though. I assume you have a JK?

JPExtreme_Missy

Yes, I have an '11 JKU. So you're saying I probably saw it mounted to a TJ (I will admit. I was most focused on the attachment that I didn't really look enough to notice if it was a JK or not) I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!!

Top Bottom