I need help with centering my rear axle

SilverBack775

So I installed Evo 3 enforcer and put the rear track bar bracket in. I havnt welded it in yet. My axle is off and shifted to the drivers side. Can someone help me or show me a write up on how to center the rear axle with the Evo track bar bracket?

JKbrick

So I installed Evo 3 enforcer and put the rear track bar bracket in. I havnt welded it in yet. My axle is off and shifted to the drivers side. Can someone help me or show me a write up on how to center the rear axle with the Evo track bar bracket?

I think it uses the stock bracket to position itself in the correct place

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Use a floor jack and Jack it up high enough to pull the wheels off. Then just by adjusting the height of the rear axle using the floor jack the axle with shift as it goes up and down. Experiement a little, getit how you like and bolt it back together

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I havnt had time yet, working all weekend. I’ll try it Tuesday and let you know.

Honestly don’t beat yourself up over 1/4” to 1/2” off center, with you in it and a full load and a full gas tank will be a different measurement than when your out of it and no load with an empty gas tank.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZRubicon1

If getting the bolt in is your problem all you have to do is raise it, either from the driver side or the middle. At some point the holes will align. Use a mallet to help it along.

If you ended up with a slightly shifted axle, after installation, there’s nothing you can do unless you get an adjustable track bar. When I lifted mine my axle was about 1/4 inch off, because I got more lift than expected. It’ll decrease as the suspension settles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
It’s a teraflex. That’s all the shop had in stock at the time and my axle was off so I bought it. I would get something else if buying new.

SilverBack775

It’s a teraflex. That’s all the shop had in stock at the time and my axle was off so I bought it. I would get something else if buying new.

I’m looking at getting the Rancho one. So with that bracket, did you have to cut off part of the stock bracket? Or does that one just slide over the stock one? Cause I have the Evo one. And I may be regretting the Evo. There’s no adjustment to it, and already have cut off the stock one. I may just have to do the adjustable track bar now.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I’m looking at getting the Rancho one. So with that bracket, did you have to cut off part of the stock bracket? Or does that one just slide over the stock one? Cause I have the Evo one. And I may be regretting the Evo. There’s no adjustment to it, and already have cut off the stock one. I may just have to do the adjustable track bar now.
The rouch country one slides over and bolts right on as well.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
For the artec weldnon you cut the entire stock bracket off and smooth to bare metal. Then it indexes into axle and burn it on. Bracket was $50. Then pay a welder for 30 mins time.

Top Bottom