Wakeboard speakers in jeep

rock lobster27

So I finally was able to take the top off my Jeep today and I forgot how bad my Audio system sounds when the top is off. So I was thinking of adding some wakeboard speakers on the back roll bar, one speakers on each side of the rear dome light. My question is how would I be able to mount the speakers since the roll bar is rectangle? Has anyone done this and if so could you post some pics of how you did it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Owen19

In my case, I just changed out all the factory speakers and a bigger amp. No top, no roof, no problem. I can still hear my audio loud and clear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

What year is your Jeep? There is a plug some have put into the hard top harness when pulling the top off that fakes the control unit into thinking the top is still on, the radio plays louder.

Brute

Hooked
Check out JL Audio...I put their marine speakers and amp in my JK6...sounds great and waterproof...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
There were claims for a while that the stereo partially muted itself when the top was unplugged because of potential exterior sound level concerns. I’ve seen videos about it, and I recall a bunch of threads on the subject on Eddie’s old forum.

Can’t say I ever saw real proof though or heard it for myself. Some people actually made jumper plugs and were convinced it was a real issue.

rock lobster27

I ended up swapping out all my stock speakers like you guys said and it sounds much better. I have two jl audio w7s in it but the bass still isn’t that great with the top off but I can live with it.

rock lobster27

Here’s my setup...
Not Wakeboard Speakers, but rather Wakeboard Style ...

View attachment 303929 View attachment 303930 View attachment 303931
View attachment 303932

I saw these. They are awesome but I’m not sure how I can power them. I have a 4 channel amp powering the front two and rear two speakers. If I added these speakers to the back would I have to replace my amp with a 6 channel one?

Eddie Man

I saw these. They are awesome but I’m not sure how I can power them. I have a 4 channel amp powering the front two and rear two speakers. If I added these speakers to the back would I have to replace my amp with a 6 channel one?

Nope...
I would say not.
Keep what you have, jus add a 2 channel amp (w built in crossovers) or crossover components.
That’s basically the setup I have.

I left my stock premium amp alone.

Top Bottom