EVAP code leads to Fuel Tank replacement?

NCPossum

Hello all,

Apologies ahead of time for this question if it's been answered in the past. I'm new to all this.

Tried to get my 2010 JK inspected and unable to pass due to check engine light, which led to an EVAP code. Had the vehicle smoke tested and was told that the hose had a small crack in it. They said that MOPAR doesn't sell just that part and that I'd have to purchase the fuel tank. So we JB welded it for the time being. Can anyone help with regards to a replacement thats not over $600 ? I've been looking on eBay but all they have is gas caps. Just wondering if there was a place that sold OEM or even aftermarket.

I was able to get the part number and will be checking the parts diagram to see.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

jsukey

I’m assuming they’re referring to the line going to the rollover valve. If so, there is no need to replace the tank. You can perform a permanent fix for less than $5. You can see some details about it here. There are some videos on other Jeepers fixing it as well if you do a search about Jeep JK rollover valve repair. Lots of Jeepers have been suckered into replacing the tank due to a dealership. You don’t even have to drop the tank to fix it. I just hope your JB weld doesn’t interfere with the repair. I performed it over a year ago and it is fine.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/52447-who-know-what-is-this?p=1027774#post1027774

WJCO

Meme King
Hello all,

Apologies ahead of time for this question if it's been answered in the past. I'm new to all this.

Tried to get my 2010 JK inspected and unable to pass due to check engine light, which led to an EVAP code. Had the vehicle smoke tested and was told that the hose had a small crack in it. They said that MOPAR doesn't sell just that part and that I'd have to purchase the fuel tank. So we JB welded it for the time being. Can anyone help with regards to a replacement thats not over $600 ? I've been looking on eBay but all they have is gas caps. Just wondering if there was a place that sold OEM or even aftermarket.

I was able to get the part number and will be checking the parts diagram to see.

Thanks in advance for the help.

IIRC, Cozdude fixed his with a plastic splint if it's the same line.

Yep, Here it is: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/44615-Evap-Line-repair

Last edited:

jsukey

Haha! The video that he linked in his post is the exact same repair that I did. I didn’t think we were allowed to post outside links though. I think it is better to use PVC primer and cement though, as it will actually melt the plastic together. That’s going to be stronger than JB Weld IMO.

NCPossum

Wish I'd seen this first, unfortunately I drove the jeep home after the JB Weld was applied. I hope I didn't make it worse.

Thanks again for all the info.

Top Bottom