Best chromoly front axle shafts for rubicon D44?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Since I'm replacing my inner seals, I want to upgrade the shafts as well. I have revolution rears and happy with them, so I was thinking about using them for the fronts. Looks like factory direct for $899 is the option there. Or what about ten, g2, etc?

I was going to do RCV's like some my of my wheeling buddies, but I'm scared about the fabled clacking noise. I hate strange noises in my jeep.

J

JKDream

I'd probably stick with Revolution personally. Their warranty is good, while the others I have heard horror stories of.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I've heard bad things about G2 shafts, good things about Revolution and 10 Factory.

I'm running Carbon Offroad and am happy with their build quality thus far. Haven't had them in long enough for long term review, but the use Spicer u-joints and offer a 15 year warranty.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
Revolution shafts ordered. Also going to get seals and an extra elocker plug because I hear they break apart looking at them wrong. Got a lube locker so plan to reuse it.

I’m assuming I need to pull tie rod to get diff out.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Revolution shafts ordered. Also going to get seals and an extra elocker plug because I hear they break apart looking at them wrong. Got a lube locker so plan to reuse it.

I’m assuming I need to pull tie rod to get diff out.

Yes you need to remove the tie rod.

Don’t forget to have some new gear oil to fill it back up.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd probably stick with Revolution personally. Their warranty is good, while the others I have heard horror stories of.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran Revolutions. Great axles and company. They stand behind their products

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Was going to suggest them as I have rear shafts and was looking at getting their fronts. Dymatrac also makes front shafts and I wouldn't hesitate going that route either. They are a bit more.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
What gear are you running? Basic understanding is heavy use/towing/performance gear use 75w140; otherwise 75w90 is the way to go. :thumb:

4.88 and I tow a boat or camper. I have 75w140 in the rear and 75-90 in the front currently.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
4.88 and I tow a boat or camper. I have 75w140 in the rear and 75-90 in the front currently.

Just for the towing aspect, i'ed run the 75w140 in the rear still.

I don't tow anything, but I'm running 5.13s on 37s and use 75w140 all around. Might change it up next change though. Which will be next month. :idontknow: I kinda like your idea. maybe save a bit on fuel when traveling to/from also :thumb:

Top Bottom