Draglink resting on tie rod, could this be a problem?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Since both the draglink and tie rod are beefier now, I just noticed that they are both making contact, Is this something to worry about or not an issue at all?

Attachments

• 2018-06-26 18.37.54.jpg
    2018-06-26 18.37.54.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 191

WJCO

Meme King
It's going to keep happening. Does the upper end of draglink have any pinch bolt or way to lock it from rotating as far? If it's just a noise, you could put some pipe foam on it but it will look like shit. Probably won't hurt anything to leave it but cosmetic marks will appear over time.

jorgelrod

Hooked
It's going to keep happening. Does the upper end of draglink have any pinch bolt or way to lock it from rotating as far? If it's just a noise, you could put some pipe foam on it but it will look like shit. Probably won't hurt anything to leave it but cosmetic marks will appear over time.

No sound, just noticed it and was wondering if it'll be an issue.

What springs did you install? You might benefit from a flip. That would take care of the problem.

They are part of a 2.5" lift but they are at 3" I might go with the flip in the near future.

boardsurfer

Loosen the jam nut on the pitman arm side. Rotate the TRE on the pitman arm back, rotate the drag link forward (up). Tighten the jam nut.

jeeeep

Hooked
if left as-is, I would check how close the wrench gap in the drag link comes to catching the jam nut of the tie rod.

Top Bottom