Replacing JK tailgate hinges?

cmireles

Hey guys, been a while but I’m back with more questions. Going over moderate bumps causes my tailgate hinge pins to shift in their respective hinges, causing a loud bang/rattle under the weight of even the stock spare tire. I know this because when I lift up on the spare I can actually see the tailgate move A LOT and I can replicate the rattle if I lift up and down fast enough. Anyone have experience with replacing the hinges with aftermarket/OEM replacements?

I definitely do not have money for an aftermarket tire carrier

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Check out the MORryde products, you can replace parts in stages, and a good solid upgrade.

cmireles

Umm Yes the spare has obviously been tightened down. And it’s not loose between the hinge and the body, it’s within the hinge itself. There is enough space between the pin and the holes the pin is supposed to sit in for the tailgate to wiggle around.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Umm Yes the spare has obviously been tightened down. And it’s not loose between the hinge and the body, it’s within the hinge itself. There is enough space between the pin and the holes the pin is supposed to sit in for the tailgate to wiggle around.

I have a set of stock hinges you can have if you want. No hardware. PM me your address and cover the shipping. Should fit in a flat rate box.

Top Bottom