Clutch replacement

mauijim

So I’m getting ready to replace my clutch in my 2012 jk and wondering if there’s a better TOB that doesn’t squeal like the factory one does. Anyone using the centerforce flywheel and clutch? Or any thing else that highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So I’m getting ready to replace my clutch in my 2012 jk and wondering if there’s a better TOB that doesn’t squeal like the factory one does. Anyone using the centerforce flywheel and clutch? Or any thing else that highly recommend

I was getting ready to do mine soon as well and was leaning towards centerforce. I have no experience with any of it but I’m not have good luck with factory stuff. There’s a centerforce TOB on quadratec but I don’t believe it’s for a JK.

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Timkin or National are good TOBs. I installed the Centerforce and liked the way it felt, but it made a lot of noise (possibly a fluke, but did find multiple accounts of similar noise online). Ultimately I ditched it and went with a LUK from Summit Racing. It was WAY cheaper and has been problem free ever since. The LUK comes with a TOB just like the factory one. Throw it away.

Jkjon

Not sure if it’s a widespread issue but my centerforce (dual friction) was also noisy.. The clutch pedal feel was very light and the engagement of the clutch just didn’t feel as solid as the stock clutch. I’d stick with a stock clutch or similar (luk)

mauijim

Timkin or National are good TOBs. I installed the Centerforce and liked the way it felt, but it made a lot of noise (possibly a fluke, but did find multiple accounts of similar noise online). Ultimately I ditched it and went with a LUK from Summit Racing. It was WAY cheaper and has been problem free ever since. The LUK comes with a TOB just like the factory one. Throw it away.

So what TOB did you go with?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom