Could use some diagnosis help with my clutch [Video/Audio]

Whiskeyjack

Clutch is making some pretty fantastic sounds. Current clutch is an OEM replacement from a couple years ago, less than 15,000km on this clutch. I ordered a centerforce throwout/release bearing, and I'm probably gonna order a new Luk Clutch Kit (01-046) since I'll be in there anyway. Just wondering if these sounds can be caused by anything else so I don't waste my time/money, or not order other things I should replace (pilot bearing? Input shaft bearing? Dunno).

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8IuzJ-IyCU

EDIT: Should mention that the noise is the only issue. The pedal feels fine (except it creaks sometimes), no slipping, and no issues shifting.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I have no experience actually replacing anything myself, but I will say that I have gone through 3 clutches in less than 20k miles. The wife torched the first one, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t install the next 2 correctly or didn’t replace the right parts at the time. TOB was replaced twice along with the clutch. The first time they replaced the clutch and TOB, but no cylinders. Worked great for about a week. Second time they replaced clutch, flywheel, TOB, master and slave cylinders. Worked good for a out a year and now it’s creaking again when I push or release the pedal. Granted, these were done under warranty and when asked, they said they don’t do clutches very often.

Long story short, if you’re opening it up, I would replace everything the first time. Some on here have had great luck with their clutches that lasted over 100k miles. I am definitely not one of those people. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whiskeyjack

I have no experience actually replacing anything myself, but I will say that I have gone through 3 clutches in less than 20k miles. The wife torched the first one, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t install the next 2 correctly or didn’t replace the right parts at the time. TOB was replaced twice along with the clutch. The first time they replaced the clutch and TOB, but no cylinders. Worked great for about a week. Second time they replaced clutch, flywheel, TOB, master and slave cylinders. Worked good for a out a year and now it’s creaking again when I push or release the pedal. Granted, these were done under warranty and when asked, they said they don’t do clutches very often.

Long story short, if you’re opening it up, I would replace everything the first time. Some on here have had great luck with their clutches that lasted over 100k miles. I am definitely not one of those people. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I appreciate your experience. I don't mind replacing everything (I'd rather not...but I will). I'd just prefer to know what these symptoms indicate, so that in the future I know what the problem actually is. Also, I can replace the clutch, flywheel, TOB, pilot bearing, but maybe there's something else in there that I just don't know about (do people replace the fork while they're in there? I couldn't imagine why.).

Top Bottom