Please Help

jku612

I need some help with my rear diff. Was doing some routine maintenance before a 1400 mile trip this Friday. Found this in the rear diff when I drained the oil. 2016 Sport. 3.73 gears. 31k miles. No noise when driving. Am I good to go for the trip? I suspect the dealer wont be able to fix this tomorrow.

15313562535809133541498650537204.jpg

20180711_202054.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
The only time your spider gears turn on pavement is going around corners, and they don't turn much. Highway I wouldn't worry too much so long as all the chunks are out and the ring and pinion look good. Just don't do any one wheel peels on soft terrain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
At 31k, they shouldn't be chipping like that. Spin the carrier around to make sure that the large crosspin is securely in place. Just strange at that low of mileage that it would be like that. If it were my Jeep, I'd drive it on the trip.

jku612

Dealer squeezed me in to help me out. Took it apart, and they dont have the spider gears to put it back together. They are on a back order. No loaner cars available. Trip cancelled.

Amrth

Sorry to hear on the trip cancellation..

Did they give a reason on why this happened? Is it just the spider gears or pinion's as well?

Top Bottom