P0300 issue

jcslax17

08 jku cel codes come up for catalytic converter efficiency on the passenger side as well as random multiple misfire and a crankshaft position sensor code. Replaced the cats, camshaft sensor, all 4 o2 sensors, and the crankshaft position sensor. Everything was original and had 190xxx miles on them, the crankshaft sensor was cracked. Cleared the codes and it ran great for about 50 miles, parked overnight and the p0300 code came back, but not at idle, only when the throttle is open. The motor was replaced about 12,000 miles ago along with new plugs and wires, but the coil pack is original. Should I look at the map sensor? What am I missing? I just drove the jeep from Pittsburgh to Phoenix with no issues and since it’s been in az it’s been giving me nothing but issues

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've seen some weird P0300 symptoms if you get bad gas. Not sure if that's the case with yours, but may not hurt to run a good fuel cleaner through the system.

jcslax17

I've seen some weird P0300 symptoms if you get bad gas. Not sure if that's the case with yours, but may not hurt to run a good fuel cleaner through the system.

I was thinking of starting there. Would you recommend removing the throttle body and cleaning it too? It’s just weird that it’s only when the throttle is open and goes away completely at idle

WJCO

Meme King
I was thinking of starting there. Would you recommend removing the throttle body and cleaning it too? It’s just weird that it’s only when the throttle is open and goes away completely at idle

You can get away with cleaning it without removing it as well. It's not a bad idea just for maintenance.

But if it is indeed fuel related, you still could have a symptom present with the throttle open fully. Because as the throttle opens with engine under load, as more air goes in, the engine will need more fuel to keep the mixture accurate.

jcslax17

You can get away with cleaning it without removing it as well. It's not a bad idea just for maintenance.

But if it is indeed fuel related, you still could have a symptom present with the throttle open fully. Because as the throttle opens with engine under load, as more air goes in, the engine will need more fuel to keep the mixture accurate.

Any recommendations on a fuel system cleaner? I wonder if I didn’t pick up bad gas somewhere along my cross country trek

jcslax17

So the cel went away but I stopped and filled my tank up and it’s back as soon as I pulled out of the gas station. Can a bad gas cap cause the random misfire code

Top Bottom