4” Mopar lift kit.

Cooper0407

Hello,
I have a couple of questions and hopefully someone can help me out on this. I have a 2018 JK with the 4” mopar kit. I added upper and lower adjustable control arms to the kit. The steering felt fine no bump steer nor death wobble. I went in a few months later to buy new tires and added an adjustable track bar. Now my Jeep has major bump steer. My caster and alignment is on point. I’m wondering when the shop removed my track bar bracket that came with the kit did it throw off the complete geometry of the steering. Or now would I need a drop down pitman arm?

Any suggestions will help.

Thank you,
Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

They should have left the track bar bracket in. It probably was keeping it parallel with your drag link. Now the geometry is thrown off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
With that much lift you need that track bar bracket. As stated your tie rod and drag link have to be parallel to each other or as close as possible.

WJCO

Meme King
Should have been left as is. Why did you install an adjustable track bar if you weren't having any problems?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, with 4" of lift, you NEED to have steering geometry correction installed. If you don't already have a drag link flip installed, you most likely have a dropped pitman arm. This would explain why you weren't having any issues before but now have without the track bar relocation bracket installed. Your track bar and drag link are no longer parallel to each other.

Cooper0407

Hi everyone!

I had the track bar bracket re-installed and good to go! Drives like a Caddie again, well not quite, but really happy.

I wanted to say thanks again for the info. Have a great rest of your week!

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom