Caught in Rainstorm, now electric problems....

DH2002

So the other night my Jk got caught in a rainstorm overnight with the top down and when I woke up in the morning the interior was soaked and the cup holder was about half filled with water. Now the issue is this when I press lock on the the key fob everything works fine, ie doors lock, headlights work and horn chirps. BUT i cant turn on the headlights from the steering column, cant control the wipers, horn doesnt work, and the only controls that work on the steering wheel are the cruise control. I opened everything up and removed all the trim from around the steering column and its sitting in the sun now so hopefully it will finish drying out and start working. At first the airbag light was on but that has shut off now. I dont think its the clock spring due to the cruise still working and the steering column controls dont run through the clock spring (from what I understand, i could be wrong)...

Opinions? Past experience? I appreciate it...

fusion_jeff

Still sounds like a clock spring issue. A friend of mine had the same thing happen, no cruse control, but some radio control functions, no turn signals, horn, ect. Replaced the clock spring and everything went back to normal.

If only Jeep would make the stupid clock spring IP67/IP68 rated instead of just reusing the same model used in their passenger cars that have no IP rating at all. Especially since they are a pain to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH2002

UPDATE: So I unplug 1 of the wires underneath going into the clock spring and the lights and wipers work so I assume its the clock spring. So I swing by the dealership and give them the part number and for some reason they cant tell me why I have a Jeep Compass clock spring in my JK. Well to get a new one for the JK they want 349 dollars. So i bought one online for 159 and should be here on weds. So hopefully that fixes it.

Top Bottom