OR-Fab Tire Carrier w/gerry can - Swing Away

marshrat

I am considering ordering the carrier. I have limited garage depth and was wondering if one of you guys could supply me with a measurement from the hard top glass/or soft top window to the leading edge of the spare tire? Need the measurement to ensure the garage door will not strike the spare tire when closing.

JAGS

Hooked
10frank9 uses this carrier. I've seen it person and its a good choice. Maybe he'll chime in with measurements.

marshrat

Thanks. Maybe ill hit frank up tomorrow if he doesn't see my post.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

NAUJK

I just ordered this tire carrier today, should be here tomorrow according to the tracking number I already got! Gotta love Amazons free fast shipping! I know what my Thursday afternoon project is!! :wings:

marshrat

Thanks Jethro. I need the full measurement. The photo cuts of 1/4 of the way across tire.

marshrat

Just realized the pic provided doesn't have the full Gerry cans. I would like that model. Should be longer in dimension. I would entertain the other option though.

JethroJK

Thanks Jethro. I need the full measurement. The photo cuts of 1/4 of the way across tire.

I see you were looking for the can option. Well for this model just measure your tire and add the 8 inches it looks like. I would do that in any case because you want you tire measurement not theirs.

marshrat

I didn't think of that. Two early a morning. Thanks.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Doesn't that tire carrier have a big T handle that sticks out past the edge of the tire? :thinking:

If so don't forget to figure that into your measurement. :yup:

Top Bottom