Strike force central command vs. painless vs ?

TheGrendel

i picked up an ARB twin compressor. i have warn winch on front and a pair of rigid lights. looking for a wiring system. what is everyone using and liking?

what are the pros/cons of each system?

note: i'm not great at electrical stuff. so, ease of installation and wiring is a must.

and i also understand the dislike of the other company.

BaddestCross

SFZ is nice because it's waterproof, simple to install, and provides some unswitched but fused circuits. Painless has a lot of individual wires you have to deal with last I checked. That which shall not be named is expensive but has some cool touchscreen add-ons.

That said, I'm cheap when I can be so I went with the Apollointech Amazon special because it was cheaper with good build quality and easy installation. My only wish is they had made it waterproof. But for around $200 you can't beat the value.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have the painless. it's a dummy mechanical only system with relays, fuses, and lots of heavy duty 12 gauge wire for the circuits. I upgraded the switches to backlit and bought custom rocker switch covers from OTTRAW.

If I were to do it again right now, I'd look into the switch pros. Made in the USA (so is the painless) and programmable.

One bonus to the trail rocker is that I used the right side switch as the ARB and and fed the ARB harness into it so I didn't have to re-wire anything. I had to add a stainless screw to the right side to hold the panel in with all the additional wiring I added.

I didn't want winch switches inside the cabin, I think it adds too much to go wrong. Rather trust the remote coming in through the window.

View attachment 306624

Last edited:

Good2Go

I have a SwitchPro controlling my twin ARB mounted under the passenger seat. Now that it’s in it’s a really good set up.

Lots of work to get the control cable from engine compartment to the passenger compartment especially when there’s a Sport Cage involved. Now that it’s all in I’m glad did it this way.

Whichever route you take, consider the SwitchPro along with the other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Houndy95

I went with the painless system. Install was straight forward and clean in my opinion. There is quite a bit of extra wire for the power leads for each output (actually was able to run it all the way back to my lights in the rear bumper). I like the look of the old school switches which is another reason why I chose this system. I don’t think you can go wrong with some of the other options out there, it’s more a preference of where and how you want it to look once it’s mounted.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have the central command and so far it has been flawless. Honestly, I forget it’s there. The install was easy and when I had a question (my setup was unique and had some one off wiring that wasn’t in the instructions), the owner called me on a Sunday to talk me through it.

Vinnielax

I have the central command and so far it has been flawless. Honestly, I forget it’s there. The install was easy and when I had a question (my setup was unique and had some one off wiring that wasn’t in the instructions), the owner called me on a Sunday to talk me through it.

I had the same experience, including a couple of Sunday phone calls with Steve. It’s a great set up and I like it a lot.

Five-N9ne

Painless Trail Rocker. All the work is done, they’re one of the best for a reason. You get what you pay for when it comes to electronics.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

Exodus 4x4

At one time Painless was pretty good but I feel like they’ve been left behind. With all the other options available now, I don’t even bring them up in conversations about builds. In fact, I’ve removed 2 of them this year when customers traded up to something more sophisticated. If you want a good deal on a used one, let me know. I wouldn’t buy it though, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

At one time Painless was pretty good but I feel like they’ve been left behind. With all the other options available now, I don’t even bring them up in conversations about builds. In fact, I’ve removed 2 of them this year when customers traded up to something more sophisticated. If you want a good deal on a used one, let me know. I wouldn’t buy it though, lol.

I think I might know one of those that you have removed this year. And yes we can make you a helluva deal on it.

Attachments

• IMG_9085.jpg
    IMG_9085.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 160

Exodus 4x4

:cheesy::cheesy: Sales.... it's an Art. And you sir, are Picasso.

Lol, man some people just can’t be talked down off the ledge no matter how hard a man tries. But yeah I’ve walked more people out of my shop with crushed dreams rather than 40’s and c-gussets for their D30. At least I’m honest🤷*♂️

bharkin

I have a Switch Pro and I couldn't be happier with it. Fairly easy to wire in and mount, does what I want, and I have a Bluetooth app that I can turn on my lights with my phone.

Ddays

Hooked
Who needs a fancy panel? This masterpiece didn't cost me a dime and I did it all by myself :thumb:

battery.jpg

Top Bottom