Mysterious Leak

The BAD Influence

I've been getting a water leak for the last week or so. Haven't noticed it previously. I haven't given it much thought, as it's summer and figured it was condensation from the AC. Then I realized we've had the top off all summer, and haven't even been running the AC, and upon further inspection, it's dripping just in front of the tranny cross member, driver's side. Any thoughts?

prionic1

I don't think there is water anywhere in the jeep by design... I'd guess it's either leaking washer fluid or just condensation from something. My '07 Liberty used to do the same thing. I just figured it was condensation from moisture in the air, what else could it be?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I don't think there is water anywhere in the jeep by design... I'd guess it's either leaking washer fluid or just condensation from something. My '07 Liberty used to do the same thing. I just figured it was condensation from moisture in the air, what else could it be?

[emoji23] you are correct there is no "water" in the jeep. I believe the OP was referring to antifreeze as water which is very common. Now as far as how antifreeze would be getting back to the trans x member, I'm not too sure. Maybe it's migrating down the cooler lines from the radiator area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I've been getting a water leak for the last week or so. Haven't noticed it previously. I haven't given it much thought, as it's summer and figured it was condensation from the AC. Then I realized we've had the top off all summer, and haven't even been running the AC, and upon further inspection, it's dripping just in front of the tranny cross member, driver's side. Any thoughts?

I bet that's the condensate drain from your AC.

The BAD Influence

Ok, a longer drive today and was able to reproduce the issue and get pictures. AC was not on. Dripping just passenger side of the front drive line. Definitely water, not coolant. Looks to be dripping from the top bolt. Not sure if it's holding anything other that the noise deadening material, but that area puts it right in back of the AC/Heater controls.

Attachments

• IMG_20180725_124939.jpg
    IMG_20180725_124939.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20180725_124900.jpg
    IMG_20180725_124900.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 75

wjtstudios

Hooked
Mine does the exact same thing. Even with the entire climate control turned off, it still drips like I’m running the AC. Always has been that way with out any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom