JK Fan Blower motor noise

jorgelrod

Hooked
A new annoying sound cause why the hell not. This afternoon got in my Jeep heading home.from a customer and the blower fan motor started to sound funny. Anybody have this happen to you? Did you service it? Did you replace it? This one is one of those annoying ones kicking up the radio volume won't solve.

https://youtu.be/Y5GDi8HcBrE

DogHouse

You probably have a leaf or other debris inside the housing or the bearing is going out, causing the fan to wobble in the housing. It’s real to replace I had the later happen. I think it’s three bolts/screws that hold it in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
It's three screws and one plug. I would pull it out and check for debris like stated above. If the squirrel cage is clean spin it by hand and see if you hear any bearing noise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like blower motor is seizing up. After you plasma cut the stickers off, set the Jeep on fire.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Take the 3 screws out, disconnect harness, drop the fan, inspect. If nothing is stuck in there, most likely the blower is going out.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
My Blower has been making a Shit Ton of Noise lately... its all like, “Help with the dishes!”... “Take the trash out!”... “You’re always in the garage”... “Ouch, don’t put it in there!!”

3 screws huh?

jeeeep

Hooked
easy to replace as others have said, 3 screws
I'd recommend getting the mopar replacement.
1st time i replaced it with auto parts store recommended replacement.
after riding in a friend's jeep and noticing his AC seemed to blow more air, i swapped mine out for mopar and it does move more air.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
A new annoying sound cause why the hell not. This afternoon got in my Jeep heading home.from a customer and the blower fan motor started to sound funny. Anybody have this happen to you? Did you service it? Did you replace it? This one is one of those annoying ones kicking up the radio volume won't solve.

https://youtu.be/Y5GDi8HcBrE

Late to the party, but if it’s not too late try pulling the fan assembly. When you get it out put it upside down on the work bench and peel off the black round sticker that covers the shaft bushing. Lubricate the shaft and bushing with a couple drops of oil. Work it in, replace the sticker or use some tape and reinstall the fan.

Worked for me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Sounds like blower motor is seizing up. After you plasma cut the stickers off, set the Jeep on fire.

I can't cause then I'm not going to have an excuse not buy a JL...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

easy to replace as others have said, 3 screws
I'd recommend getting the mopar replacement.
1st time i replaced it with auto parts store recommended replacement.
after riding in a friend's jeep and noticing his AC seemed to blow more air, i swapped mine out for mopar and it does move more air.

Yeah, I followed a video on youtube to remove it and wd-40 the shit out of the motor but it still sounds like it's on it's way out. For the price of the replacements, I'm definitely ordering the Mopar OEM one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom