New Radio

Hey guys my sister has a 2011 JKU sport with the non-screen or nav radio and it just crapped out. The dealership said it was just the radio that needed to be replaced and would cost $750 to do it. I’ve installed a few radios so I’m not too worried about doing the install. Just wondering if I should go with a stock one from the junk yard/ but a new stock one. Or if there was a good alternative around the $500 range? If possible it would be cool to get one with the possibility of adding a back up camera but not necessary. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I switched out my slow 430n for an Alpine ILX-207, which has Apple Carplay/Android Auto, external camera an accessory functions and a bunch of other features. I think it was $550 for the unit and way better than the 430. Then you'd need the Maestro control unit and wiring harness to have it work seamlessly with the steering controls and whatnot. The control unit and harness was around $130.

MDK210

If the vehicle has steering wheel controls you’ll need to get something similar to the iDatalink Maestro to retain them...if you want.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I sold the 430N nav unit out of my jeep and put in a Pioneer NEX8200. So much better! Sounds better, has apple car play, navigation, blue tooth, etc. You also get to display a back up camera so think about adding one. You can also get a cheaper one if you don't need the navigation feature. I bought mine through crutchfield.com as they will throw in the adaptors and stuff for free. If she already has XM radio, there's a $10 adaptor to use the factory antenna so that makes life easier. The idatalink integrates the radio with the steering wheel buttons, it's easy to use. Plug it into your computer, visit website, and click some buttons and it's programmed.

Actually looking more into it, I don't really feel comfortable buying one used from eBay, does anyone have an amazon link to a radio that they like as well as links to any additional things that i would need for an easy install? Thanks in advance!

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Actually looking more into it, I don't really feel comfortable buying one used from eBay, does anyone have an amazon link to a radio that they like as well as links to any additional things that i would need for an easy install? Thanks in advance!

This one says" New". When I got mine it did not come with the passcode. Emailed the seller and he responded right back to me telling me I shouldn't need it. Well got it all in and turned it on and what do you know .? It wanted a code. It was late at night and didn't want wait so I Googled "How do I get the code for a 730N" found a site. Don't remember site name. Luckily I took a photo of the back of the unit serial number. So I didn't have to pull it out. Entered info to website and a $10 fee. Two minutes later they sent email with code. All good. I was hesitant also on the Ebay purchase. Good luck. Check out the sellers rating score.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MYGIG-730N...&_nkw=730n&LH_ItemCondition=3&_from=R40&rt=nc

I would go on Best Buy open box. my radio on my old JK was at Best Buy and it had everything plus they’ll install the back up cam for me.

https://www.bestbuy.com//site/pione...cd-dvd-receiver-black/5888545.p?skuId=5888545

I worked at Best Buy a long time ago and would highly recommend no one ever buys an open box item. We never turned things off at night so most of the open box are display models that have ran 24/7. Best example was plasma TVs back then, we would have people come in pissed off after a few months because the screens had burn in etc.

Open box usually saves you 10%, not worth it IMHO

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I worked at Best Buy a long time ago and would highly recommend no one ever buys an open box item. We never turned things off at night so most of the open box are display models that have ran 24/7. Best example was plasma TVs back then, we would have people come in pissed off after a few months because the screens had burn in etc.

Open box usually saves you 10%, not worth it IMHO

Agreed, for the abuse they take at the hands of customers and the amount of time they're powered up 10 percent is pretty weak...

Top Bottom